Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on duvet

• 27-09-2007 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Over the past few weeks during the cold snaps and even when it's not especially cold, like tonight, it's 9C, I find myself cold in bed. I thought it was because I had a low tog duvet but I just looked at the tag and it says it's 15 tog. My mom got it for me a few years ago. It's synthetic and was most likely cheap.

I'm looking for a new duvet at the moment because I'm in final year now and having sleepless nights over being cold isn't what I need.

Is this synthetic duvet not as warm because, unlike a feather and down duvet, it doesn't easily trap air between it's fibres or what?

Basically what I'd like to know is, do I need to bother with a new duvet with better quality filling? Or am I just a freak ;) I wouldn't be someone who'd feel the cold normally during the day, that's why I'm wondering is it duvet. Also I wear fleece pyjamas and sometimes a fleece dressing gown over that if it's really cold. I wake up roasting sometimes though when the sun shines in my room so I would prefer to avoid that.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

tywy wrote:
    Is this synthetic duvet not as warm because, unlike a feather and down duvet, it doesn't easily trap air between it's fibres or what?
    Down is superior in most cases, although they do have some synthetics that are equivalent for backpacking/camping (but it's doubtful you have one of those). See overstock link.

Advertisement