Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flashget & Rapidshare

• 28-09-2007 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Rapidshare premium account.
    I have the latest Flashget.

I'm trying to download from rapidshare through flashget. When I add it to the list and click download it downloads 5KB and then moves to the downloaded section as if it's finished.

I can download from Rapidshare through firefox logging in manually.
    I can download other files through Flashget.
    I have added my flashget login details to the sitemanager and saved rapidshare as the referrer for new downloads.
    I've tried reinstalling flashget.

This used to work fine for me without any issues and I've not changed anything on my computer AFAIK.

Can anyone help out with this problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does it download a html file by any chance? I've had this problem with Internet Download Manager. Don't know why it does it but I've found (this is in IDM don't know about flashget) that if you save it as a text file and import it, that it downloads the files fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Nope. I just get a corrupt 5KB rar file.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hmm I've never had that happen. How often does it happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

What happens when you try another download manager? Free download manager

Edit: fixed link

It happens all the time with rapidshare and flashget on my PC.

I'd rather not fiddle about with another dl manager. I know it works fine for someone else so it's not a compatibility issue with rapidshare and flashget if that's what you mean? It must be something on my PC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Have you cleared temp internet folders etc????

I've tried clearing temp files etc.

Also, from the Rapidshare FAQ I shouldn't have any problems..
    #

Which download-accelerators can I use?

Right now we have tested the following programs successfully: GetRight, FlashGet, GoZilla and IDM.
    Please notice that due to the nature of the TCP-protocol and the fact that some download managers are poorly designed, its possible that your download logs show more traffic than you have evidently downloaded. However, this is not a bug within RapidShare because we log exactly the traffic leaving our network. The more streams you use in parallel, the more "overhead-traffic" might be logged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Had the same problem. I have sinced used rapget which works a treat :D

The problem appears to have magically fixed itself.

Computers I shall never understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The 5kb file is what you'd get if you don't have a premium account. For an example, I'll use a file from the Stranglehold demo.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/56046932/Stranglehold.sfx.part02.rar

For example, if you were to load that into rapidshare, and you didn't have it set up correctly, you'd only get 5kb, but if you got
    http://rs216.rapidshare.com/files/56046932/Stranglehold.sfx.part02.rar

you'd get the full 100MB.

Once you load up Flashget, click Tools, Options, and then select Site Manager. Click Add, and then enter http://rapidshare.com into the URL box. Then add in your name and password, and leave everything the same.

This way, when you add links (like in the first code box), the password and username will already be there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement