Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

sun glare - blind options

Options
  • 28-09-2007 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

My daughter goes bananas in her child seat in the back (15 months old) when the sun shines in the windows. We have the small square blinds but they are close to useless. Are there any other options to block out the glare other than tinting the all the back windows? Surely there are larger blinds available?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Even a light tint will significantly reduce the glare on a sunny day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Back in the stone-age, my parents used to jam tea-towels into the windows to keep us kids from getting roasted :D

These days there are proper roller blinds that you can fix to the inside of your car ...just don't know where to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Mothercare or any similar will do those heavy roller type. Argos too I'd imagine. That low winter sun can be blinding - our sprogs used to hate it when they were younger.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Mothercare and other similar shops do roller blinds. I presume motor factors do also.
    The best one we ever got though was a Bugs Bunny one from a petrol station. It had a larger area and also withstood the constant pulling by small hands. If you are getting some, maybe get a spare also for this reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Dudes I think he already has those blinds as seen in the OP. My 11 month old isnt that fond of the sun in her eyes either and we have those roller blinds on each sides and they are pretty crap. however I bough more of these in LIDL or ALDI and the blinds were actually wider that the mothercare ones. but still those small gaps are as bad. Tea towels are probably the best thing for it IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Put two blinds oneach window!

Also, I have found that mounting the blind horizontally works better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

We have large (they fill the rear side windows on my Golf Plus) ones which we got from the Early Learning Center - I just checked their web site, and they're not listed, but I'm not sure if the web site only lists items available on-line. (They have Blossom Farm characters on them in case you're asking in a shop).

EDIT: This site has the best image of them I could dig up: http://www.toyhound.co.uk/prod-2878-Blossom_Farm_Sunshade.php

The only problem is my 2.5 year old, pulls the one on the window beside her off as soon as you close the door and then spends the rest of the trip moaning that the sun is in her eyes :rolleyes:

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Cheers folks

I might pop into the Early learning centre or mothercare and try to pick up a few of the biggest ones they have. I dont really want to get after market tinting as it may effect resale when I look to trade

• Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Advertisement