Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HALO disc scratched to sh*t right out of the box

• 28-09-2007 9:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

FFS!! :mad:

Just got Halo this morning from Sendit. The special edition in the tin box.

Only to discover that the disc is only held in place by a piece of soft foam that goes into the hole in the centre of the disc.

Which it invariably became detached from and the disc is now scratched to sh*t.

F**king MS. They couldn't organise a f**king p*ss up in a brewery. GOW had the disc in a light plastic folder in the special edition tin. As did Lost Planet.

But no - MS, saving that extra 2cents, went the cheap option and tried to glue the disc to the tin.

So what do I do now? Send the game back to MS and wait another few weeks? Send it back to sendit and wait another few months?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

quad_red wrote:
    FFS!! :mad:

Just got Halo this morning from Sendit. The special edition in the tin box.

Only to discover that the disc is only held in place by a piece of soft foam that goes into the hole in the centre of the disc.

Which it invariably became detached from and the disc is now scratched to sh*t.

F**king MS. They couldn't organise a f**king p*ss up in a brewery. GOW had the disc in a light plastic folder in the special edition tin. As did Lost Planet.

But no - MS, saving that extra 2cents, went the cheap option and tried to glue the disc to the tin.

So what do I do now? Send the game back to MS and wait another few weeks? Send it back to sendit and wait another few months?

It's a common prob with the LE editions and MS acknowledged this and are replacing all scratched discs before end of December.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'd send it back for a refund (it's faulty) and buy it locally, wouldn't cost much more and you can get it replaced instantly if it's got the same problem, no waiting around for replacement or any of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Remember reading online MS are replacing all the scratched disks but it's taking up to 2 weeks.
    Tough luck, if it's any consolation Halo3 is WAY better than I could have ever imagined :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

koneko wrote:
    I'd send it back for a refund (it's faulty) and buy it locally, wouldn't cost much more and you can get it replaced instantly if it's got the same problem, no waiting around for replacement or any of that.

I doubt Sendit will refund. They'll either replace or tell me to go to MS.

Which means if I buy a disc locally then I'll be stuck with two. Then I'll have to sell it on boards and the jackals there will make sure my wallet takes a hit ;)

Tough luck, if it's any consolation Halo3 is WAY better than I could have ever imagined :D

Oh, you'll pay for that. You won't know when, or how... but you'll pay.... :p

2 weeks? :( I remember reading something about a major part of Apple products is the 'unpacking process'. How beneficial it is to the Apple brand to have people relaxed, impressed and surprised by innovative, safe, cool packaging.

I know Apple can be style over substance. But at least they have that.

MS have neither.

• Advertisement

It's worth checking I suppose. Or if you have a friend you could sell your extra copy to that would work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I would send it back, and in the meantime either rent a copy or pick up a copy from Tesco and trade it in for something else in 2 weeks!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Tell them you never got the first one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Sendit do replacements/ refunds and deal promptly with their customers. No need to be so pessimistic about it: http://www.sendit.com/help/help_returns

I once returned a DVD boxset that was missing a disc and got a replacement while I sent mine back. I agree with Koneko- buy it locally in Tesco (€45) or something. To be honest, the collectors edition isn't that great. The book is flimsy and the bonus disc videos will probably end up online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Yaaaarrrrr???? €45 yo yo. I paid €75 for the Limited edition.

That makes baby jesus cry... :'(

• Advertisement

Where on earth did you pay €75 you crazy bastard? ;)
    Limited Edition was €60 in Virgin, I think you can get the standard edition for €50 in Tesco which is a great price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

both of the discs where loose in the case and scratched when i opened up my copy on Wednesday night but it plays ok so far , it's going back to hmv for a replacment in the morning though.

Sendit do replacements/ refunds and deal promptly with their customers. No need to be so pessimistic about it: http://www.sendit.com/help/help_returns

I once returned a DVD boxset that was missing a disc and got a replacement while I sent mine back. I agree with Koneko- buy it locally in Tesco (€45) or something. To be honest, the collectors edition isn't that great. The book is flimsy and the bonus disc videos will probably end up online.

Cheers guys. Printed out a refund slip from Sendit and am packing it off to them now.

Then heading to Tesco to buy normal edition forthwith. Baggot street tesco don't have it so i'll try Rathmines -

anyone seen it in stock in a tesco in Dublin today or yesterday?

Advertisement