Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox live issue

• 28-09-2007 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

so i bought my shiny new premium pack yesterday night and have been merrily playing away. This morning I thought I'd crack on with the Xbox Live side of things but it seems I can't.....

Everytime I go to connect, it says I need to download an update for the console. When I OK this, it goes to a download screen but nothing happens, then after about 30 seconds it says that I can't download the update and to check my settings or contact support. Which I have done and so far they have been little help, they suggested opening some ports that the Xbos uses, which I've done.

The internet connection is fine (i'm on it now), I've connected the xbox directly to my wfi router, the lights that are meant to be on are all on. Like I say I've opened the right ports, and my Xbox passes all the connection tests and can be seen from the router side.

I've googled this and see its been a common enough problem. But no real solutions can I see.

Maybe its down to high usage of the Xbox Live system at the minute with Halo3 and all.

Any suggestion?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This is 90% of the time a firewall issue....

Presuming your eircom, go to router settings 192.168.1.254 and go to 3d Firewall (think its called) in there there is a dropdown for opening ports (starts with age of empires I think) and if you scroll all the way down to Xbox live you "allow" it to connect, make sure firewall is set low or even off just to connect 1st....

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

buddy u appear to be a lifesaver!

Its fixed and its the one thing I didn't think of!

your help is much appreciated dude.

cheers

Nay badger...

Sure add "Fieldog" there and we'll have a game sometime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

i will indeed mate though I'll probably be crap for a while

was i supposed to get a code or something with this baby in order to activate my free month of Xbox live gold?

When you activate your live account it reverts to gold for a month....

So just setup an account as if your setting up a silver one and it turns to gold (not like real silver unfortunately)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

You are using an EIRCOM Netopia router!

If you are an Eirecom customer with a Netopia router/modem and are having problems accessing Xbox Live. The following information should be of help.

To configure your router for Xbox Live take the following steps below:-

Open an Internet Explorer page. in address bar type 192.168.1.254
    That should take you to the Netopia's settings page
    On the menu to left click Firewall, set it to Low and Save Changes
    On the menu to left click Expert Mode, then Yes, enter Expert Mode
    On the menu to left click Configure, then Advanced, then NAT
    Where it says Service Name, scroll the list down to Xbox Live Games, click Enable and then Enable again
    On the menu to left click Configure, then Connection.
    In main page scroll down to the UPnP and put a check in the box. then Save

It should then restart the Netopia, and when it comes back on in a few seconds your XBOX LIVE should be good to go.

These instructions are also here

If you are still experiencing problems accessing Xbox Live your Netopia may require a firmware upgrade. Click here and look for your router and instructions on how to download and install the firmware.

Advertisement