Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SkyVenue

Options
  • 28-09-2007 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Going to a gig in the sky venue and wondered if anyone could tell me if the Comfort Inn Hotel is anywhere near it?
    The Heritage was too expensive so booked the Comfort Inn, now i'm worried it's going to be miles away!
    I don't know Portlaoise at all so any help appreciated.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Comfort Inn is just at the motorway right?
    10-15 mins drive max I'd say, if even that.

Not sure what it would be walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Thanks for that, yeh the address is Tougher Roundabout,Abbeyleix Road, portlaoise. Once it's within reasonable taxi distance it will be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Yea, distance is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

What will be there in Sky Venue?

Ah my bf is a bit of a Johnny Cash fanatic so i got him tickets to see bob wootton who plays there tomorrow night. He was in the Tennessee 3 with JOhnny Cash and is supposed to be good, if you like that sort of stuff!
    I'm just there for the craic!

• Advertisement

Thanks. I like Johnny Cash but not that much to see someone else playing his songs. Anyway... I'm wondering... Sky Venue is a place that is always empty. Ten, maybe fiveteen people including the band and the bartenders. It is said that even if U2 or - I don't know - Metallica was playing there it would still remain empty. I'm wondering if this time would be different.

Went to the gig last night, it was good if you like johnny cash i suppose. The place was full to be honest, there were no seats available and a few people standing even! I'd say there were a 100 people there at least..

You were lucky... I've been going to some less known artists' gigs. Maybe that's why it was always empty.
    Anyway, fine you've enjoyed it.

Advertisement