Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadburys Wispa

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

AdrianII wrote: »
    dont mean to sound greedy, but

i bought 11 of them in waterford last week end. - only 80c i was well chuffed

Sounds like Apple Market prices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

got me a box of wispa, a whole 48 bars, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Where can a mere mortal buy a box at a reasonable price? Centra on Bolton Street were charging €0.79 per bar but they must have been told Spar were charging €0.95 because they increased the price. C'nuts!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The "limited edition" thing is a great marketing scam. They do the same with creme eggs, limited seasonal time every year. If creme eggs were available all year round I would say they would only sell half as many per entire annum.

My brother never buys bars, but I saw him with a wispa the other day "only back on the market you know- had to get one".

It is like people living in countries never visiting its own landmarks. I know loads of guinness drinkers who never went to the factory, but visited the heineken factory in holland. The logic being they might miss out on the chance again and have all the time in the world to visit the guinness factory, (or buy non limited edition chocolate)

The other great scam on wispas, creme eggs, aeros, twirls, is the lack of direct advertising of the weight of chocolate you get. On most bars the weight is printed, on these bars it is indirectly displayed, they have the kcal per 100g, and kcal per bar, so you have to calculate it from that and discover there is feck all in it. Nowadays they are bragging about the low weight- well they pass it off as "low calorie", e.g. the maltesers ad "did you know it only has X calories in a pack"- translation "there is feck all in a pack- you are being ripped off, just eat half a bar if you want fewer calories"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I'm refusing myself the indulgence just because Glenda ****ing Geebag was eating one in the Herald AM.

If I see her stupid name one more time.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cor

Dunnes Stores on Exchequer St are sold out of them now. I bought 4 bars on Monday and there were about 10 left. On Tuesday I went back in, and they were all gone. Should've bought them all on Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭in_da_club

omg i had a wispa today and there was chocolate in it!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

in_da_club wrote: »
    omg i had a wispa today and there was chocolate in it!!:D:D
    No sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭danois

they said they were going to release a certain amount to see what the reaction is if there is a good sale of them they will be staying on the market so buy up every one please

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cor

I'm buying as many as I can! There's not many shops selling them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hello_kitty

Am i the only person in ireland who cannot see the excitement over Whispas???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Am i the only person in ireland who cannot see the excitement over Whispas???

No. I'm one of them too. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hello_kitty

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    No. I'm one of them too. :cool:

Thank god for that. I was practically shunned in work today for my lack of caring for whispa's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I was underwhelmed by them too.

The shop I work in has a good 14 boxes in the back room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Davy's shop in clane across from o'briens sandwich bar have loads got 8 today and they said they had a few boxes left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've been looking for a Wispa for the last week or so in the city centre and can't find any. Surely they are not gone already?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭sidcon

Cadburys have stopped making them however been a good buisness man:D I bought the last few cases in Musgraves. 1 case for me and I have 14 cases:eek: left for sale in my shop.

Where:confused:

Esso Sundrive, Lower Kimmage Road;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The hype has tailed off now im my shop. Sell about 8 bars a day as opposed to a month ago where you would sell a box a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Does anyone know of ANY shop in/near dublin city that still sells them?Ive looked in almost every shop that ive been in for a wispa for the last 3 weeks and no luck!!!

My shop is out of them and not restocking... I fear there may be none left!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

Firstly to those who don't get the hype - it's Wispa, not Whispa!!!

I contacted Cadbury's and they said they put them on a limited release to test the market and will permanently release them in 2008 if the interest proved big enough!!!

The count down begins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Pretty average tbh :/

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

Theres a shop here in dun laoghaire that has them under the counter apparently. You have to ask for them by name before the shopkeeper produces them, not on display at all or within sight, don't know what thats about, possibly keeping them for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

...oooh clandestine.... <_< >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

...oooh clandestine.... <_< >_>

Theres a series of secret winks and nods if you want a golden crisp :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

lol, I still have a full un-opened box, im tempted to put em up on ebay.....:cool:

CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

SFortune wrote: »
    <snip>
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

SFortune wrote: »
    <snip>

Cheers for repeating yourself, I missed the one two posts up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ha.. moron!

Have noticed a distinct lack of them but girlfriend got a few of them up North.

• Advertisement

Cheers for reporting those, folks.

Advertisement