Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFPro World XI Nominees

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    What most people think is irrelevant. Nesta is an infinitely better player than Vidic.

To quote yourself: "lolol"

So you are saying that most people's opinions are irrelevant in an entirely objective matter? What's more, you then go on to give you own opinion like it is somehow more valid than the next persons.

LOLOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Archimedes wrote:
    Xavi6, did you actually do any research on your claims that Seedorf is ****e? Because nearly every stat out there indicates that you couldnt be more wrong...

Sorry but I don't like the guy, never have and no stats are gonna make me. I'm sure there's players you just don't like. If you actually read my posts you'd have seen that I never once said he was a bad player, in fact I said he was good. In my opinion he's lazy and not good enough for a list of best players in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Xavi6 wrote:
    Sorry but I don't like the guy, never have and no stats are gonna make me. I'm sure there's players you just don't like. If you actually read my posts you'd have seen that I never once said he was a bad player, in fact I said he was good. In my opinion he's lazy and not good enough for a list of best players in the world.

It seems that your reason to omit Seedorf is based purely on some bizarre and irrational dislike of the guy, and nothing to do with his abilities. Did he skip you in the post office queue once?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Dispite popular belife, opinions can be wrong.
    In this case, yours is very wrong.

the man doesn't stop trying, ever.

There is a reason he has won 4 CL's with 3 culbs, not luck.

Seaneh wrote:
    There is a reason he has won 4 CL's with 3 culbs, not luck.

And there's a reason Van Basten ignored him for the entire World Cup 2006 qualifiers and finals. So good he didn't make the Dutch squad at all. That's certainly not 'World's Best' material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Yes, because Van Bastens selection was high applauded in that tournament wasnt it?

Archimedes wrote:
    Yes, because Van Bastens selection was high applauded in that tournament wasnt it?

Just means that he's not 'first on the team sheet' material. The world's best would be for any manager.

Any sane manager would have picked him. This is the same manager who left Klaas Jan Huntelaar out of the squad - probably the most prolific striker in top level leagues in Europe at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Archimedes wrote:
    QFT.

Seriously Xavi6, there are plenty of players I dislike and hate watching as well, but that's no reason not to applaud their undeniable talent and success - hell, I hate Cristiano Ronaldo, but it didn't stop me including him in my Fifpro XI choice for jaysus' sake! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Yes Van Basten left him out of the squad, and then when his euro quals started falling to sh!t who did he recall?

Who played a blinder?

Who is world calls?

The answer to all these qestions and more is...

Clarence Seedorf.

QFT.

Seriously Xavi6, there are plenty of players I dislike and hate watching as well, but that's no reason not to applaud their undeniable talent and success - hell, I hate Cristiano Ronaldo, but it didn't stop me including him in my Fifpro XI choice for jaysus' sake! :D

I never denied his talents! Jaysus at least read my previous posts properly before commenting.

I said he is a good player, thats undeniable, but my gripe is that he is lazy and fades in and out of games when he sees fit. For me that's frustrating to watch and I wouldn't include a player like that in the category of World's Best.

But the thing is, he doesnt fade in and out of game...

Archimedes wrote:
    But the thing is, he doesnt fade in and out of game...

Well I disagree. I've watched a fair bit of Milan over the past few seasons and he certainly doesn't have more of an influence on a game than Kaka or Pirlo. Case in point being the Champions League semi final second leg against United last season. He may have scored but that's all he did for the game. I vividly remember being so frustrated with his choice of passes and his failure to help out Jankolovski when United pressed forward. It's not the first time either.

Good player but not great. He's won the Champions League by being a decent player in great teams. He's never been the stand out player.

Advertisement