Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualified Nurses

Options
  • 28-09-2007 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have friends, living in Greystones, who are gradually working towards bring their 1 year old son home after spending his first year of life in hospital.

They are looking for qualified nurses that would be able to help them when he returns home, working as many hours as they are able, whenever they are able to do so.

Does anyone know anyone who could help? If so, please sent me a private message and i will send on details to them.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

Might be an idea to get them to call into the Medical centre in Greystones (Across the road from old cinema) and talk to them about it. The ladies that perform the infant checkups there are all nurses and might be able to point them in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fil6162

hi there,

can you give a quick detail of what type of care the baby needs - my baby was in temple st for the 1st 8 months of his life followed by a further 2 months and is now in Grt Ormond st London - since sept hope to be home in Dec after opperation number 34 - have built many contacts and might be able to point you in the right direction - also might be able to support parents etc by babysitting for a few hours etc. - I am a stay at home (hospital) dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Also try the rollercoaster.ie discussions board under "special needs". Are they in touch with Jack and Jill Foundation? They may also be able to help supply and recruit. Congratulations to your friends on bringing baby home, a very scary and emotional time for them by the sounds of it. And good on you for helping! xx

http://www.jackandjill.ie/

Jack and Jill are having a promotion to add a euro to every restaurant bill up to christmas, which the restaurant donates to Jack and Jill.
    So script guy if you read this, maybe you can take part?

Advertisement