Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE k550IM

• 28-09-2007 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

anyone got any info on this phone? K550IM

i can get one on O2 upgrade for €29

my k750i screen is cracked and i believe this phone has pretty much the same spec. 2mp camera, bluetooth, radio, mp3s blah.

obviously i would love a N95 but then i'd love a mercedes too:)

i'm currently carrying around a Nokia 3100 which is kinda liberating cos its just a small phone (nothing more, no camera, radio blah) but it makes calls and i can store my numbers in there. WOW

so i guess my question is, should i shell out €29 for this phone so i can take pictures again and listen to the radio or should i hold on till xmas when i could probably justify spending a bit more.

+ is i-mode pants? i think i heared its been discontinued?

thx in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The k550im is pretty much the k750 in a different case. You can probably get better phones for the same or slightly more. If you're im no rush then i think you should wait to see if there's anything new nearer christmas. Or prices could come down on better phones

and yes, imode is pants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭niallb

The K550 is pretty much the K750 in a different case.
    If you liked the k750 though, that's a great thing.
    * It's much faster - e.g. flicking between full res pictures in the file manager
    is almost a blur as opposed to a crawl. After using a K550 for even a day, if you turn on a 750, you'll wonder how you ever lived with it!
    * It's a good bit slimmer
    * It's also got an RSS feed reader which I use a lot, and download speeds are about 200k - I've used it as an internet connection on days when my 3G link is down and it's a bit slower, but not as sluggish.
    * On the phone I use opera, gmail, mobile google earth (even with bluetooth GPS), and IM including google chat.
    Cons:
    * The keys take getting used to - not as good as the K750.
    * Battery life is not as good as the 750 either - could be partly because I use it much more!
    * New storage card (M2) means you can't just transfer your Pro Duo from the K750.

I'm on Meteor, so EDGE is as good as I'd get anyway.
    I've a 10G cap on the phone, so no real worries there.

If Meteor had had 3G, I'd have gone for the K800 instead.
    When you're online using EDGE, your phone is 'engaged'.
    With 3G you can make a call too.

Don't know if O2 allow you as much freedom with your connection,
    but if iMode is bad, it may not be because of its speed.
    This is a great phone within those limits. If you can manage three months with a Nokia, do. Christmas should see price drops and new phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

You can probably get better phones for the same or slightly more.

i'd probably go to €50 for a 3.2mp camera but i dont think there is anything out there. what phones would you suggest?

k800i is coming in at €99 - at that price i would wait til xmas (jees, cant beleive i'm talking about xmas already!)

niallb wrote:
    I'm on Meteor, so EDGE is as good as I'd get anyway.

yeah i forgot about EDGE - is that a good reason to get this phone - i'm not sure how O2 will charge me for this but it could sway my decision.

thanks for the advice, its all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The other poster mentioned all the things he uses on his phone. Be aware that the i and the im models are not the same and you'll have problems with standard 3rd party apps etc on the o2 one.

Advertisement