Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SGS Testers

Options
  • 28-09-2007 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Received my letter yesterday asking me to contact SGS to arrange my driving test. I had originally applied for Rathgar/Churchtown and from reading a few threads on here it seems that SGS use either Deansgrange or Fonthill if you have applied there. I have e-mailed them this morning asking for the date etc but I was wondering if you get a choice of where to do the test and if so any recommendations on which one I should choose if I get the option?? Are the pass rates higher with one particular test over the other??

I don't suppose it makes much difference really but I think Deansgrange is closer so this may be the deciding factor. Also is it any easier to pass with SGS rather than the government options??

Failed a few months back in Rathgar - thought I had passed and was gutted when I found out I had failed. Tester was a bit of a pr1ck and wouldn't explain to me where I had went wrong but "braking" seemed to be the main area with the x's though even this only had 2 Category 2's. One less X in total and I would have passed but hopefully this time.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

I did the test in deansgrange a couple of weeks ago. tester was very sound and I felt was willing to give the benifit of the doubt to the candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Tester was a bit of a pr1ck and wouldn't explain to me where I had went wrong
    The tester is not permitted to discuss the test with you.

If you fail the test but believe that it was the wrong decision, you may appeal the tester's decision to the District court. the District court will either refuse the appeal or direct that another test be conducted free of charge.

EDIT: Guisseppeth - please refer to the Learning to Drive Charter, particularly the very last line. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

The tester is not permitted to discuss the test with you.

If you fail the test but believe that it was the wrong decision, you may appeal the tester's decision to the District court. the District court will either refuse the appeal or direct that another test be conducted free of charge.

EDIT: Guisseppeth - please refer to the Learning to Drive Charter, particularly the very last line. ;)

Two months ago, I failed my test by one grade, two of which were because the tester said I didn't indicate when turning left. I actually did indicate both times she just didn't hear it. I was pretty pissed off to say the least. I didn't see the point of appealing it for the sake of e35 when I would still have to sit the test again regardless of outcome.

Advertisement