Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wierd Icon

• 28-09-2007 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Just noticed this morning that many of my icons on my "My Documents" directory have changed. They include an extra little symbol on them.

Anyone got any ideas what could be wrong???

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

There's nothing wrong with it. :)

I got that when I changed the default location of My Documents from the C: drive to a network drive.

I'd say your Windows administrators probably did that. It makes life easier for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

this icon is used for offline folders, folders that reside on a remote server but are made available to you when you are offline. Has you my docs folder moved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Also have this setup on my Windows machine. All files synced on log off and available if network share can't be accessed.

You only get the little arrows if you're syncing the directory. Right click it to see options. Expect to get the "Incorrect function" error when syncing some day.

If you have a roaming profile, having documents stored on a network share is a blessing. It means all your files -- as well as preferences and app settings -- won't have to be copied to your machine when you log on

Advertisement