Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

compareing TVs

• 28-09-2007 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey, Im thinking about buying a HD tv I have two in mind

Sony KDL-40S2530
    40" S-series BRAVIA LCD TV
    HD Ready
    €1299

and a

Panasonic TX-32LX70
    32 inch, 80cm HD Ready LCD TV with Ultra Wide Viewing Angle and V-Real technology for Ultimate high picture quality
    €1199

The sony one is €100 more but does that necessarily mean its better?

Im no expert on the subject I just think its time I got a new TV so I though I should a good'n

So any help would be appreciated. Any body own either of these or able to compare them for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The Sony one is €100 more but has 8" more screen!

Both TV's would be good IMO.

The Panasonic is €1,014 on Komplett.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=333817&view=detailed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

yeah the sony is bigger but the panasonic is streets ahead of that sony. Unfortunately panasonic don't do that TV any bigger!

the one komplett have wont work here on ntl/chorus etc. you need a PAL-I tuner and that doesn't have one.

moe

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

big_moe wrote:
    the one komplett have wont work here on ntl/chorus etc. you need a PAL-I tuner and that doesn't have one.

moe

Hmm, odd, as same model is sold here so I'd have thought it did have a PAL I support. Didn't expect there to be variations of the same model.

yeah.. but if you look at the additional info on komplett it doesnt list pal-i as a supported signal.

komplett get their stuff from germany so thats why the tuners are slightly different.

moe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

big_moe wrote:
    yeah.. but if you look at the additional info on komplett it doesnt list pal-i as a supported signal.

komplett get their stuff from germany so thats why the tuners are slightly different.

moe

wud i be right in saying this does not affect sky digital?just Analogue TV.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote:
    wud i be right in saying this does not affect sky digital?just Analogue TV.

exactly. sky digital, ntl digital etc all fine. only analogue TV signal is where a problem may occur.

moe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

byte wrote:
    Hmm, odd, as same model is sold here so I'd have thought it did have a PAL I support. Didn't expect there to be variations of the same model.

I think the tx32lx70F is the one with PAL I

not too sure. the irish model is TX-32LX70L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭elduder

Thanks for the input guys.

I got the Sony one. I went for the Size!!

The other one had better picture quality n all. but I went for the bigger, and its great!!!

Advertisement