Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vw tdi clutch problem

Options
  • 28-09-2007 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    i have my 02 vw bora for close to a year now and just had it serviced having put 15k on it since io got it. Mechanic never said anything was wrong with it and it has never given me trouble. Untill yesterday. I was starting her up and i heard a scrapping noise as i eased out the clutch and the car spluttered along untill i was in gear and then it drove fine, untill i had to pull away from a stopped start. I tried it in reverse and same thing happened. I brought it round to my mechanic and he said its the clutch and it migth need a new one (which he doesnt do, as he only works on cars in his spare time... which is far enough). However, it cuts out if starting in 4thy and someone else has said it may just be the transmission oil. Any adavice would be great befor i go and try and get someone to replace the clutch
    Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What mileage is on the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 kvw

i had to do the clutch in mine at 40K miles, replaced the release bearing too.

cost nearly €500

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

theres 55k on it. I think it had 38 when i got it last dec. Its a Tdi 1.9 comfortline if this makes any difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I've got 90k on my 02 tdi comfortline bora. Not a bother with the clutch. Your car wasn't been used for towing by the previous owner?? Seems to be very low milage for a clutch to go completly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

i havent a clue.. but of sourse now im paranoid as it does have a towbar :(
    could it be anything else instead of the clutch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

€500 for a clutch fitted is not too bad- do it and be done with it

Advertisement