Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the story with the fire engine and ambulance the other day?

Options
  • 28-09-2007 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Solomon

I seen 2 cars crashed out side the nurses building but dont know much more

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

it was road safety day at the college, they depicted a car crash and an ambulance/fire brigade response and they had the gardai in at the whitaker theatre with breat testing units and speed detection cameras etc... of course as usual the student union, who i believe organised it, forgot to tell anybody about it and put up posters with zero information

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bit stupid of them really because some people seemed quite distressed when they saw it.

That_Guy wrote:
    Bit stupid of them really because some people seemed quite distressed when they saw it.

yeh it should have been well advertised that it was gonna be a staged accident, i mean its not very hard to send an email out to all students

Agreed. Bit of a joke is our students union

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote:
    Agreed. Bit of a joke is our students union

even one of my lecturers mentioned how inactive the students union have been in communicating with students, particulary with regards to the pay parking situation

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You could always oust them...

Xemedi for Prez!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

Viva La Revolucion :D

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    You could always oust them...

Xemedi for Prez!

i'm in if it involves violence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

It involves an alien if that helps, we've been trying to get him in the running for 2 years now :P
    He even had his own Wiki page at one stage, but I think that's gone now. A bebo one too...

• Advertisement

Merrick wrote:
    It involves an alien if that helps, we've been trying to get him in the running for 2 years now :P
    He even had his own Wiki page at one stage, but I think that's gone now. A bebo one too...

is that the guy from quake 3 arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

If it's Xemidi or Xemidi the cruel you're on about, then yes, most likely...

I've only received one e-mail from them and that was just a welcome letter and stuff about being aware of other residents etc.

well folks,
    Student's Union here. Both myself and Subhash will be around to all of
    your classes thursday 4th of October to ellect class reps. So get
    canvassing.

Also a set of keys were found and will be available from the student's
    Union. Any problems that you may have call down to myself and Subhash and
    we will do the best we can to help you.

Regards,

Luke Mc Gahon

this is all i got so far, this morning

Yeah, same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I see "Luke" likes to make an effort, then, what?

yeh, useless, i've only one class left today and no sign of them, so.................

One of them came into our film studies screening yesterday to elect class reps for each class. Oh and only within the last two or three days have I seen those road safety posters up around the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

If people are "distressed" by it - thats exactly what they want. It's the point of the exercise after all - to scare the ****e out of you..

Ah yeah but some people were in tears thinking it was someone they knew. Bit harsh all the same. Good idea just poorly advertised.

• Advertisement
Advertisement