Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Frequent Disconnects

Options
  • 28-09-2007 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭

Since Tuesday I have been having terrible trouble with frequent disconnects from Vodaphone 3g using Huawei e620.

It is bewildering, the signal is stronger than ever, the speed is higher (speed tests show consistently over 700kbps, usually WELL over for past 10 days), but from last Friday the data started to timeout frequently, and not come back without a redial or even a reboot. Since Tuesday, I keep getting disconnected, sometimes after only 10 minutes, and often.

When I try to reconnect I get a lot of "error 619" and "error 633".

I am using the version 7 software with version 9 drivers (it's even harder to reconnect with version 9).

Same deal on both PC and laptop. I have tried a second e620 with same result.

Any ideas or similar experience?

Even suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

All fixed now. Evidently there was a major transmitter problem in the next cell, but I don't know if that is the fix as I gave data support a long list of exact disconnect times (from XP event viewer)and they may have finally managed to pin it down.

Anyway, I wole up this morning to rock solid HSDPA clinging to me like a limpet, on the edge of a cell, and the edge of the Wicklow mountains.

Vodafone data support have been amazing about this, once again. (If I told you how much trouble they have consistently gone to to keep my broadband connection running EVERYBODY would want some :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Good to hear it was sorted out, I have to agree with the quality of vodafones Cs only had to ring up them up once but they really knew their stuff. Would like if they improved their coverage a little though (writing from gprs at the moment) but generally its not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Well, if it is any comfort, when it comes, 3g comes suddenly, and without warning...and can be the result of a mast being upgraded some distance away causing the nearest cells to "breathe" out...

This fault came on foot of a major upgrade that gave me a stronger, faster signal than ever before.

As far as I am concerned, mobile broadband IS the future.

:cool:

Advertisement