Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Messiah working horribly.

Options
  • 28-09-2007 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭

I bought dark messiah as with my student discount it was cheap, my computer seemed to fit all the requirements, I have a dual core AMD 5600+, Nvidia Geforce 8600GT and a gig of ram but when playing the game, it's horrible. Oblivion plays great but not Dark Messiah

THe game is slow and the music jumps around like it's on shuffle,I can;t for the life of me think wha'ts causing it.

I defragged my drive and cut out backround programs but the game is still too bloody slow.

Can anyone offer any advice?

THanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Have you patched up ?
    It was a very buggy game when it was first released..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Yeah I patched it enabling me to play it all but it still freezes horribly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

make sure you have the latest drivers for ur graphics card, get them here http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_163.71.html
    the above is for xp, this one is for vista 32bit http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_163.69.html

it would seem to me as its a newish lappy?? probably with vista?? ...if it is, then the problem lies within the fact u have only 1 gig of ram, vista eats ram like theres no tomorrow, and that game might feed on ram aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

I bought dark messiah as with my student discount it was cheap, my computer seemed to fit all the requirements, I have a dual core AMD 5600+, Nvidia Geforce 8600GT and a gig of ram but when playing the game, it's horrible. Oblivion plays great but not Dark Messiah

THe game is slow and the music jumps around like it's on shuffle,I can;t for the life of me think wha'ts causing it.

I defragged my drive and cut out backround programs but the game is still too bloody slow.

Can anyone offer any advice?

THanks

Lower the automatically detected settings a little.

Had issues with this game when it was first released, lowering the settings did the trick. Worked fine, worth a try in your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yup, RAM is probably the problem, get another gig. Not just for Dark Messiah either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Yeah Im gonna assume that machine is running Vista. Vista + games needs 2 gigs!

Advertisement