Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 TDI V 3 Series TDI

Options
  • 28-09-2007 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi guys, i am planning to go to the UK to buy a second hand diesel car c. 2004 with a budget of approx STG£10k (Total budget approx €20-22k), I want to get a more prestige model such as an audi or bmw, which would you guys recommend out of the 2 mentioned above.
    Does anyone have any experience of importing such a car re. benefits/pitfalls, etc?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

BMW for me all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

I have a high spec A4 TDI of that vintage (heated leather seats, sports model 130bhp etc) - originally a UK car but not imported by me. When it came to choosing between the BMW and the A4 I chose the A4 as I prefer the body styling and interior. I owned a petrol BMW E36 and personally the only thing I feel the BMW has over the Audi is rear-wheel drive.

Aside from that, I love my my A4. Plenty of really nice ones in the UK although a lot have high miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

I'd prefer the A4 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

an ordinary 3 beats an ordinary A4 but a speccy A4 (esp with quattro) is a beautiful car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭lifebook

A4 for me too, The 3 Series has the worst interior ever. Its so bare and without exception BMW OEM sound systems are ****e.

• Advertisement
Advertisement