Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Little accident.........big problems

Options
  • 28-09-2007 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

There was a small scrape on a roundabout near me the other day at peak traffic hours and from what I could see from being stopped at the other lights less than six feet away there was 0 damage done to either car - I mean not a mark, but the two drivers involved proceeded to alight from there cars (almost totally blocking the roundabout) and have a big barney, take snaps and generally f*ck about till the Gardai came.

Thing is why can't people just say - ok there's fook all damage done lets just get on with it - rather than - I will prove your wrong mate lets cause mayhem here.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Because what may look like minor damage initially could turn out to be a lot more expensive if the damage isn't immediately apparent.

I got a slight tip before that I thought on first glance had only pushed my bumper a bit and knocked off the plate. €1300 and a bent bar of some sort and I was glad I took her details.

If it was me it would have been camera, details, then move car. Two minutes out of traffics day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Neighbour of mine got tapped from behind at a roundabout. No damage to either car, he demanded insurance details and, when they weren't forthcoming, called the cops.

Traffic built up as neither would move their cars for the ten minutes it took for a squad car to arrive. The cop checked the damage and told my neighbour to "get off home" before he was charged with being a niusance!

Proper order.

If you have no injuries you should both get off the road if you want to have a debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

nipplenuts wrote:
    If you have no injuries you should both get off the road if you want to have a debate.

Well said - and there was no damage - I saw it happen and it wasn't even an impact it was a brush off each other. but they proceeded to make a proper mess of the traffic for god knows how long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Modern life eh? One day this'll happen and someone will draw a knife. If the other guy leaps out, stay in the car until you're fairly sure he is'nt a nutter.

Mike.

Advertisement