Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Jag XF

Options
  • 28-09-2007 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

I am delighted to see the new Jag XF being unveiled and hope it does the business and saves Jags bacon so that another of Europe's brands does not meet its demise but I can't help wondering if the designers didn't get a few ideas from somewhere when penning the new model ?

My pics dont give the best impression but if you search the web I think your notice that in profile they are very alike and its definately got a wiff of the mondeo about it (I know they are distant relations) or am I being a bit pedantic again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

I would have said it was a cut of Aston Martin. Why do you compare it to a mondeo and then show a pic of the 3 series BMW?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

barryfitz wrote:
    I would have said it was a cut of Aston Martin. Why do you compare it to a mondeo and then show a pic of the 3 series BMW?

Yea actually it does your right.
    Was that not a mondeo ??:D

I said "AND its definately got a wiff of the Mondeo" - meaning it has features of both cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

For some reason I'm also getting the faint aroma of new Lexus LS.

Hope it does very well too - all will depend on the pricing against the 5 Series and E class though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

That is absolutely beautiful....one of the best looking saloons I've ever seen....and I'm not a jag fan

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I like it!

Maybe too modern looking for a Jaguar though? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

RobAMerc wrote:
    I am delighted to see the new Jag XF being unveiled and hope it does the business and saves Jags bacon so that another of Europe's brands does not meet its demise but I can't help wondering if the designers didn't get a few ideas from somewhere when penning the new model ?

My pics dont give the best impression but if you search the web I think your notice that in profile they are very alike and its definately got a wiff of the mondeo about it (I know they are distant relations) or am I being a bit pedantic again.

Doesnt look like a Mondeo nor the 3 Series coupe at all! (that has 2 doors for gods sake!)

It's getting to the stage where people are saying (or getting whiffs and aromas) that a new car is copying another car because it has 4 wheels and an engine :rolleyes:

Sure you could probably compare it with the 90's Toyota camry - ..... well, it bears more of a resemblence than a 3 series coupe anyway.

Sweet looking car imo (the jag)

C_Breeze wrote:
    Doesnt look like a Mondeo nor the 3 Series coupe at all! (that has 2 doors for gods sake!)

It's getting to the stage where people are saying (or getting whiffs and aromas) that a new car is copying another car because it has 4 wheels and an engine :rolleyes:

Sure you could probably compare it with the 90's Toyota camry - ..... well, it bears more of a resemblence than a 3 series coupe anyway.

Sweet looking car imo (the jag)

Are you seriously telling me that just because one has 4 doors and the other 2 there is no way they can look alike ?
    How bout a 3 series 4 door and a 3 series coupe so ?

I think your looking at this a bit too simplistically, try look before commenting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Ok , point taken on 3 series Coupe & Saloon.

But Seriously with so many different cars out there how many different designs can you have for tail lights for example... (I do see that they vaguely resemble the 3 series coupe and I assume this was your point and what you were trying to highlight) but to say its copying another cars styling is a bit strong.

You could find resemblences like that between many different cars, and I think people are just jumping on the ... "oooh this new car has an air of this already existing car about it" bandwagon

bandwagon ?

I wasn't really getting at the lights it was the rear quarters that had me - they just seemed a familiar shape, actually barryfitz was closer with the rear lights I think in the Aston - but as I said the photos I put up did not highlight the resemblance I was talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

This is the new S Type is it not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

Am I the only one of thinks the front isnt the same as the concept. The concept was beautiful , on this one the front lights just in my opinion seem wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

If it is to ever have a chance of success here, it will need something smaller than a base engine of 2.7 litres.

As long as they don't put a 4 pot into it, that would lose the Jag-ness of it. A 4 cylinder engine is not refined enough sounding for a Jag, especially when this isn't even the entry model Jag.

The 5 cylinder Volvo engines would be ideal candidates for this car.

They could even do an Irish special and get the 2 litre Volvo turbo for us.

As for the looks, I see Volvo S80 and Lexus GS when I look at that car. I don't think that that is what I had hoped for with the new car.

I dunno, I just never took to Jags I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

The front looks a little weird and I don't really like it.

2008-jaguar-xf21.jpg

Advertisement