Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newstalk Online Stream Problem

• 28-09-2007 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone else ever experiences this.

Every few seconds there is a little, half a second or less in length, 'gap'.

The stream seem to 'skip' like a dodgy cd or something, sounds like the speaker hiccups or something. It's quite hard to describe really.

At times it happens at very regular intervals, other times it might only happen once every seven minutes or so, but it is a constant thing. I've never had the stream playing for an hour and not experience this.

Any ideas?

It happens no matter where I listen. In work, in my apartment (2mb Magnet FTTH Cable), in my parents house (2mb eircom Home Pro), on an eircom hotspot (1mb wireless).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Yeah, I'm listening to it now and it's all over the shop. It's always like that and it's a good bit behind the actual radio broadcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Yup, I've posted about it here before, slack slack slack. No point listening to Newstalk online at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

+1. It's really annoying. I initially thought it was my connection but it was always Newstalk and not other stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

To go slightly OT but has anyone else had problem listening to TodayFM online.
    Mac users can now enjoy Today FM Online using itunes or Real Player

Neither of the links work on my pc.

That thing wasn't there last week, wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭vinnielo

The online popping fault was reported by a listener and sent to Sean Moncrieff. It was read out on air and was mockingly dismissed by Moncrieff!!
    I think popping happens when the encoding machine is low on resources and RAM. The same effect can be heard on the Isle of Man's 3FM stream.

• Advertisement
Advertisement