Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thesis Problem With Microsoft Word

• 28-09-2007 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi, I'd appreciate if anyone could help me, I've a problem with Microsoft word while typing my thesis up and since it's in on Monday, I don't have much time to muck around...

Autocorrect is off, it's not checking grammar or spelling for me as I go along with the green and red lines, nor will the thesaurus work, which is really frustrating when you can't think of the right word to use under pressure.

I've done the whole 'Tools', 'Options' thing, and there's no reason why neither of them are working, and they're working in other word docs I have opened to check, can anyone tell me what the problem is or how I might fix it please?

I really appreciate any help you could give me,

thanks, Ronan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

create a new document where thesaurus etc. should be working by default and copy all from original thesis document into new one. Should work then.
    If that doesn't work... copy one of the other documents you mentioned and replace the content with thesis content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

It's weird, I've tried that and the thesaurus and spellcheck work until I paste in the thesis material. It's like the thesuraus and all just won't work solely for that document's content, no matter where I paste it.

Any idea what it could be?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

first step is to select all text with control A and then tools language and set the language on the selected text as English Ireland or UK

check in tools options to see if it's set to underline misspellings too

if you suspect the document may be damaged open a new document and cut/paste the contents of the first into it or try save As to an earlier format

Advertisement