Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wippet/Lurcher Cross Pup Found in Bray

Options
  • 28-09-2007 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

copyofp9270117vu1.jpg . copyofp9270119pt9.jpg

I found this Female Sandy/Fawn coloured Wippet/Lurcher cross Pup near the Dart Station in Bray Last Night at 9pm Thursday 27th Sept.

She had no collar or tag but is in pristine condition. Not a speck of dirt on her or any injuries. (In other words, doesn't look like a travellers dog)

I walked Bray town and environs for about an hour and a half hoping she would either find her way home or I might meet the owners out looking for her. No Luck.

I couldn't take her home with me as I already have 3 dogs and they would probably have gone for her. I rang a few mates and people I know have taken in strays before but no one else could look after her.

I ended up bringing my sleeping bag down to my grandfathers un-occupied house last night to mind her. She has a lovely temperment and she curled up on the end of my sleeping bag/hot water bottle.

First thing this morning I brought her to the vets but unfortunatly she is not chipped and they could not take her for me. I got a few numbers for Shelters and pounds and unfortunately only the WSPCA Wicklow pound could take her. Gave all my details and donated €50 while I was there. I felt so bad that not only could I not take her permanently but I couldn't even hold on to her for a few days to hopefully give her owners(if she has any) time to locate her. I simply couldn't with work commitments and my own 3 dogs to look after. Breaks my heart :( I've just done up a load of posters and am about to go out and put some up around the town.

I wish there was more I could have done.

I know its a very slim chance that the owner would be on boards but even if anyone knew of someone who was looking to rescue/own a dog like this, that would be great??

She's at the WSPCA Wicklow Pound Ph. 0404 44873

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭fits

Ah she looks sweet... i have one quite similar.

Let the garda station know...

Unfortunately her owners *probably* dont miss her.. Hopefully she'll find a nice home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Thanks for reminding me. Rang the station last night and left the details. I'll drop a poster down to the station and get them to amend the contact details in their 'Lost/Found Pet' book to direct the owner (if there is one) to the Wicklow Pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Calibos wrote:
    Thanks for reminding me. Rang the station last night and left the details. I'll drop a poster down to the station and get them to amend the contact details in their 'Lost/Found Pet' book to direct the owner (if there is one) to the Wicklow Pound.

Hi there,
    Well done for taking the time to look after the dog.

You should contact Gina from www.paws.ie to see if she can help.
    Also, posting up on petsireland.invisionzone.com is a really good idea, its an irish animal forum bursting with people who may be able to provide fostor care ...

Edit: Also try www.irishanimals.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 louiset002

Hi there, well I couldn't believe it when I came accross this message while I was looking for a new collar online for my Lurcher 'Chance'! Yes I have her! I called into the sanctuary the following monday to look at the collie cross pups they had, on the off chance I decided to look in the pound also. There was this tiny dog begging me to take her. I must say I wasn't that impressed as I really wanted a collie as I do agility but I could not let this little desperate face be put to sleep! Well now she is well and truly one of the family and became top dog very quickly. My collie 'Lucy' totally adores her and they get on very well. She really is a character and a half! I would love to meet up with you for a doggy walk so you can see how beautiful she has become. she is showing good talent for agility too! I will post some recent pics of her.

Oh wow, do you have pics you could put up? I'd love to see how she grew up.

www.collarasighthound.co.uk is quite good for collars too :D

• Advertisement

I dont have any pictures of Chance on this comp. Can we post email addresses on here?

not really a good idea. unless you want to be hounded with spam.

(ha... hounded)

Best of luck with her. she looks very sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Louise emailed me some great pics of Chance. Here they are:

chance1sj8.jpg

chance2ml6.jpg

chance3fj2.jpg

What a great happy ending to this thread!! :D

She's beautiful :)

Same colours and markings as my whippety boy (except for the tail).

I hope you have a happy time together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

\o/ i love a happy ending!!!

• Advertisement

I can't resist re-visiting this thread from time to time! Chance is still doing great! She is turning into a great agility dog and is almost old enough to compete now. She actually won the 'most obedient dog' at a small charity show the other day and may appear in the Wicklow times tomorrow. She also won the 'best non-pedigree' dog at Carnew show recently! She is a gem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kildarecailin

Thats a great happy ending. Shes beautiful.

Pics?

Dont have any pics of her jumping yet but will post some when I do.

The pics aren't great, ignore the wedding theme I'm not great on computers!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

lovely happy ending well done to you both .for rescuing this lovely girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 buzzbuzzbuzz

oh that is such a sweet story..
    We rescued a whippet cross recently and i'm already bonkers about her!! Pic attached !
    Well done to you both

Don't know if anyone is still interested now but Chance is doing great and have some more pics of her. She is old enough to compete in agility now and has her first real competition on 15th Nov.

Well done buzz, thats a lovely pic! The lurchers really are such sweethearts aren't they! I dont understand why everyone doesn't love them, quite mischeivous though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Aw she is just gorgeous louise. I particularly love her furry tail! I agree about lurchers. Everyone should have one and once you do they become addictive!

• Advertisement
Advertisement