Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband

Options
  • 28-09-2007 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

have the fixed wireless and want to set it up wireless. I have a BT Router I bought from Argos..anyone know if it is possible to do?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Wireless for IBB means wireless to your home. From the roof to your computer there's a cable. If your BT router is a wireless router then it's possible. If it's not then it's still possible (but you need to buy a wireless router).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

what type of router (the BT one) have you got? do you know the model number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

Ok not stupid...

ok what I meant to say...want to connect my fixed wireless broadband via the big dirty red ethernet cable into a BT wireless Router - Model NUMBER BT Voyager 2110

thinking there might be a problem as it is an ADSL router

bought the router years ago and hopefully I don't have to spend 100 euro on netgear ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

yeah a DSL router wont work with your ethernet internet modem. You would need to get your self an ethernet wireless router.*

*it may be possible but would involve a whole load of configuration on the BT voyager which i know nothing about

Good price for one here:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=335911

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

I think there is a work around alright...hoping someone will know.

A way to change one of those ethernet sockets

cheers for the help though

• Advertisement
Advertisement