Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Fixtures Premiership

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Yep and then Le Tiss did it 10 times better the next week.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VY1IF3zImlY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Ts58jtEkho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

name a team he didn't do something like that too at some stage.
    LE TISS was one hell of a player.
    (when he decided to play)

ROCKMAN wrote:
    name a team he didn't do something like that too at some stage.
    LE TISS was one hell of a player.
    (when he decided to play)

Yessss, another thread hijacked by the genius of Le Tiss. That's gotta be at least 100 now, and I didn't even have to try this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfpP3zOfEPs

First goal is the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

What are spurs wearing? :eek:

kdjac

1-1 after 20 minutes, Berbatov and 1 minute later Robinson howler.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KdjaCL wrote:
    What are spurs wearing? :eek:

kdjac

It's a special one off jersey afaik. It's to commemorate 125years.

Robinson really needs to be dropped at this stage, He's been having a 'mare

DesF wrote:
    Philippe Albert scored that day, a great lob from about a hundred yards out if I remember correctly.:D

Your wrong, he was in the car park. It was all the more special because it was the car park over the stand behind the goal. What a (fat, moustachiod) Man.:)

He was like a taller Mickey Quinn.

Stekelly wrote:
    It's a special one off jersey afaik. It's to commemorate 125years.

Robinson really needs to be dropped at this stage, He's been having a 'mare

2nd one went under his legs.

2-1 Villa

kdjac

3-1 Villa Agbonlahor

Cant believe Pats lost to a side that bad

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Are Villa playing a 5-man defence ? Looks like there's 5 defenders in the lineup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Martin Jol must be on very, very, very thin ice by now.

He'll be gone by morning imo.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

2 goals for Laursen, and he's in my FF team! Sweet :)

Hoping Spurs can win this (barf) so they have a bit of confidence going up to Anfield next week. Looks like it'll be an easy 3 points for the Pool at this rate though.

SofaKing wrote:
    Are Villa playing a 5-man defence ? Looks like there's 5 defenders in the lineup.

they decided to just take the piss out of SPurs and hammer them while playing an ultra defensive formation. :)

Only need 1 tbh Spurs are ****e.

532 of sorts

kdjac

Wing Backs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Oh, Gardner is a midfielder of some sort according to other sites.

Must be wing-backs as you say, Desf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

At least this might see the end of the most over-rated manager in the PL. Jol is a joke.

The Spurs players don't seem to want him there either if they're playing like that.

Are you watching Steve MacLaren? Englands no1 n the Villa goal.

Robinson should just fake an ijury and ask to come off now before this gets any worse.

lol, those who predicted Spurs would finish in the top 4 this season must be feeling a little bit silly now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Top 4 was always unlikely with Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, but nobody could have predicted this kind of shambles.

A team with a strikerforce of Keane, Berbatov, Bent and Defoe, who finished 5th the past 2 seasons (one of them narrowly missing 4th), being on the same points as Derby almost a 1/4 of the way into the season!

Its crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's shocking stuff really from Spurs

They might roba draw yet.

Cant see anything wrong with that Spurs goal, I thought u have to kick the keeper in the face to be deemed involved and interfereing with play nowadays?

4-4 :eek: :eek:

Villas defence fell apart in the last 20 mins or so.

What price a winner?:D

lol

4-4

Guess it was a cracking game so.

kdjac

lol

Fingers crossed they can repeat the trick at Anfield.

• Advertisement

lol

Fingers crossed they can repeat the trick at Anfield.

They'll probably repeat the going 4-1 down bit, they wouldnt get level from that at Anfield though.

LOL @ all the Spurs fans that left before the first hour was even up.

If Robinson wasnt such a waster they couldhave won that handy.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Does Marlon Harewood actually have a brain??? FFS all he did was give the ball away and give a penalty away, bloody disgrace sell him in January because none of the players seem to like him and either do the fans. Can't believe we threw a 4-1 lead away, draw as usual, ffs I honestly think if Marlon Harewood got a CAT scan it show a big open space!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh

Both teams should get a bonus point for scoring four goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

DesF wrote:

+1 :D

DesF wrote:

Are you sure its just the 1 each, have you a copy of Redspiders rules sheet handy? I think 4-4 ranked fairly high on the bonuspointometer.

EDIT, just checked, it is indeed 2 each.:)

• Advertisement

Think I might just dig that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

DesF wrote:
    If there were more Portsmouth v Readings and Spurs v Villas in the premiership then a bonus for scoring 4 goals should definitely be introduced. I don't think it should be equal to a draw though. 0.5 points for 4 goals would do it. :)

There's an argument that goals don't make great games but a game without any goalscoring chances is just guaranteed to be terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Tauren wrote:
    and we still won the league that year! was a poor season for the rest, no matter how bad we played, they just didn't take advantage.
    had Keegan not resigned we woulda (coulda / shoulda...) won! After all, we'd just crushed Leeds 3-0 and Spurs 7-1 days before he quit (for non-footballing reasons).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Seriously - wat happened to Robinson? He used to be a decent keeper, he is downright awful now every time i see them

Seriously - wat happened to Robinson? He used to be a decent keeper, he is downright awful now every time i see them
    Confidence.

He's lost it.

:)

Gonna lose his place in the England team too unless he rediscovers it fairly sharpish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

pitty Foster is injured (and not going to be back any time soon) I reckon he would have had a shout, presuming he was givent he chance in goals for united, which i think he would have been. Has to be between James and Carson now, I suppose.

James' display at the weekend won't have done him any favours!

Reckon they'll stick with Robinson, but Carson must be licking his lips at the prospect of being first choice for England when he can't even get his game fir his club :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah, Ben Foster must be kicking himself - it really would've been a good opportunity to get himself in both England and United teams this season, especially with his performances last season.

I'd be surprised to see Carson back at Liverpool - Reina is still young, and Carson is too good to warm the bench every week.

James' display at the weekend won't have done him any favours!

Reckon they'll stick with Robinson, but Carson must be licking his lips at the prospect of being first choice for England when he can't even get his game fir his club :)
    Foster got called up to the England World Cup squad, having never played a competitve match for any club that owned him. He has only ever played competitively on loan.

• Advertisement

yea not sure what'll happen with Carson, reckon if he has a good year this year we should be able to get a small fortune for him in the summer, nice bit business altogether :)

pretty mad that about Foster alright Tauren, how long he injured for again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Stekelly wrote:
    LOL @ all the Spurs fans that left before the first hour was even up.

Considered leaving myself, stuck around to boo the c*nts off...:D

Robbo and Dawson had mares, Berbatov couldn't be arsed and Keane waved his arms a lot. No leadership on the pitch or off it seems, Keane is an awful choice as captain. Kaboul was only defender who showed any bollox, the goals really got to him so delighted he got the equaliser. Should get the armband TBH.

WTF were Zokora and Tubby doing for the Villa free? Zokora turned to Tubby and moved away from the wall, leaving a nice ball-sized gap for Gardner to rifle through. Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Considered leaving myself, stuck around to boo the c*nts off...:D

Robbo and Dawson had mares, Berbatov couldn't be arsed and Keane waved his arms a lot. No leadership on the pitch or off it seems, Keane is an awful choice as captain. Kaboul was only defender who showed any bollox, the goals really got to him so delighted he got the equaliser. Should get the armband TBH.

WTF were Zokora and Tubby doing for the Villa free? Zokora turned to Tubby and moved away from the wall, leaving a nice ball-sized gap for Gardner to rifle through. Madness.
    Actually thought Keane done well last night and for the first time I seen a bit of leadership in him. When they went 4-1 down it was Keane and Bale who kept on getting on the ball and making things happen. Bale has some engine on him by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Yessss, another thread hijacked by the genius of Le Tiss. That's gotta be at least 100 now, and I didn't even have to try this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfpP3zOfEPs

First goal is the best.

the only reason "Fat Matt" scored from the half way line was because he was too ****ing lazy to get into the box :p

He only put in one decent performance a season, usually the last game and scoring two goals to keep scu er southampton up:D

yea not sure what'll happen with Carson, reckon if he has a good year this year we should be able to get a small fortune for him in the summer, nice bit business altogether :)

pretty mad that about Foster alright Tauren, how long he injured for again?
    differing rumours regarding that, have heard anywhere from christmas to end of the season. PhysioRoom has him slated for a December return

At this stage, i think this season is up for him, unless he makes it back in Jan and he gets loaned somewhere.

While i could see fergie giving him a go at the start of the season, I just don't think he'll be swapping keepers mid season. Hopefully Foster can get a good pre season behind him for next season, and grab the no.1 slot for 2008/2009

Lol at all the Carson lovers ...i know hes good but also let in 4 goals last night :eek:

kdjac

So did James and Robinson, what a crazy weekend!

KdjaCL wrote:
    Lol at all the Carson lovers ...i know hes good but also let in 4 goals last night :eek:

kdjac

lol, true enough! he is good though, think he has issues with his concentration though tbh-Villa should be perfect for him so! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Personally I think Foster will be close to being England number one by the Euros

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

Yeah but the difference is he couldnt do anything about any of them.

Given conceded 3 at the weekend, should Ireland drop him?

Advertisement