Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loadzajobs.ie using Irishjobs.ie old marketing campaign - good or bad idea?

• 28-09-2007 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Heard a new ad on the radio for loadzajobs.ie. The ad ended with the sign off 'loadza.jobs.ie, where do you see yourself?'

Now I'm sure I remember a TV campaign a while back from a different job board, Irishjobs.ie, which ended 'Irishjobs.ie, where do you see yourself'

What's that all about? As a marketing strategy is that good idea or a bad idea? Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭Maglight

As a marketing strategy it's a bit lame. Why would you want to use a tagline that's already been used and then discarded by a competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Seems pretty second rate to me. I wonder if they are infringing on intellectual property rights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TalkingHorse

Having worked for a long time in the "ideas" game!! I find it incredible a company as big as this indulge in either laziness or copying!! Either way its either tired or an attempt to be clever.

Think i will go and nick "I am loving it" for my catering business!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 juno1

I love that. Endless possibilities. How about: 'xxxjobs is good for you!'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shardlakes hump

Seems a bit odd that a company would use a line that thier competitor used previously. You could call it lazy advertising, I'd call it lazy everything - no one checked the marketplace properly.Tut tut to whatever genius came up with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sliossleas

I think it's a clever move. Why not use a tagline that has been successfully appealed to the target audience? It makes sense to me.

sliossleas wrote:
    I think it's a clever move. Why not use a tagline that has been successfully appealed to the target audience? It makes sense to me.

Because if it is a deliberate strategy, then it shows a blatant disregard for the intelligence of the punters using the site, that's why. But I don't actually think it was thought out attempt to cash in on another brand's reputation. I think the agency who came up with the concept didn't bother to check whether the tagline had been used before. If I was the marketing director of Loadzajobs I would be feeling well annoyed. Who is their agency anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shardlakes hump

A company called Irish International - don't know any more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sliossleas

Maglight wrote:
    Because if it is a deliberate strategy, then it shows a blatant disregard for the intelligence of the punters using the site, that's why. But I don't actually think it was thought out attempt to cash in on another brand's reputation. I think the agency who came up with the concept didn't bother to check whether the tagline had been used before. If I was the marketing director of Loadzajobs I would be feeling well annoyed. Who is their agency anyway?

I find it VERY hard to believe that either the company or their agency wouldn't have been aware of a competitor's tagline whether current or otherwise

Well they are still running the campaign. So I guess nobody cares

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

During the launch of another site owned by independant news and media(who own the loadza sites) they were advertising for competeing companies on their own site due to lack of foresight on their own behalf. Nabs.

Advertisement