Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Chorus Cable Broadband ?

Options
  • 28-09-2007 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Chorus have just launched cable broadband in Swords and I'm tempted to get it installed in parallel with my 3MB DSL from Eircom. If it works out good I'll get rid of the landline altogether.

There's a 6MB download, 512k upload, 17-1 contention ratio package with no TV for 29.99 a month for the first six months (39.99 thereafter) on a 12 month contract. Seems decent in theory.

Anyone any experience ? I guess Chorus are just NTL at the end of the day.

Note that I'm as interested in positive feedback as negative while understanding this type of question opens the door to everyone who ever had an issue with NTL/Cable.

So - your thoughts please. Chorus Cable Broadband any use ? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Chorus are also upgrading the network in my area (they just said they were enabling it for Digital tv but I'm going to be optimistic) so I wouold also like to hear peoples opinions about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

if you have tv off them it would be an indication of what its like as in reliability wise i have it and its fine no problems but as with everything ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 macfreak

Yes Chorus and NTL have been taken over by UPC (liberty global)..
    BB and VoIP service working very well for me:D

I believe there are low numbers in Swords so speeds will be excellent :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Smart are in my exchange now so I'm gonna get my broadband off them instead. :)

Advertisement