Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A :Chivu fighting to face old club Roma

• 28-09-2007 4:19pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Preview

Chivu fighting to face old club Roma

MILAN, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Inter Milan defender Cristian Chivu is facing a race to be fit for Saturday's top-of-the-table clash with former club AS Roma.

Chivu dislocated his shoulder in Romania's 3-1 defeat in Germany on Sept. 12 and was expected to be out for a month.

However, the 26-year-old could feature at the Stadio Olimpico, where he is likely to receive a hostile reception following his protracted close season move from last season's runners-up to the champions.

'I think that Chivu, with a bit of pain and suffering, could be available for Saturday's game against AS Roma,' Inter coach Roberto Mancini told reporters.

Roma striker Francesco Totti missed Wednesday's 2-2 draw at Fiorentina with a thigh strain but the talismanic captain will do everything to be fit for the Inter match with the two sides leading the table on 11 points from five games.

Totti, who turns 31 on Thursday, has scored five goals in his last four games having taken the European Golden Boot with 26 league goals last season.

Another intense atmosphere is expected for Sunday's Turin derby between Torino and Juventus.

Juve boss Claudio Ranieri rested Alessandro Del Piero and Pavel Nedved for Wednesday's 4-0 win over Reggina with the derby in mind.

David Trezeguet scored his sixth of the season against Reggina and looks to have lost none of his sharpness after a season in Serie B following Juve's demotion for match-fixing and immediate promotion.

AC Milan, who have not won in the league since the opening day, will be confident of victory when they host Catania on Sunday.

Ronaldo and Paolo Maldini still do not look ready for action despite expectations that they would return from injury by the end of September.

Roma host Inter at 1600 GMT on Saturday with Livorno entertaining Fiorentina in the late game at 1830. Sunday's matches are at 1300 GMT except the Turin derby which kicks off at 1830.

Saturday, September 29, 2007
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    17:00 UK Roma v Inter Milan Stadio Olimpico
    19:30 UK Livorno v Fiorentina Armando Picchi

Sunday, September 30, 2007
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    14:00 UK AC Milan v Catania Calcio Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
    14:00 UK Cagliari v Siena Stadio San Elia
    14:00 UK Empoli v Palermo Stadio Carlo Castellani
    14:00 UK Napoli v Genoa Stadio San Paolo
    14:00 UK Reggina v Lazio Stadio Oreste Granillo
    14:00 UK Sampdoria v Atalanta Comunale Luigi Ferraris
    14:00 UK Udinese v Parma Stadio Friuli
    19:30 UK Torino v Juventus Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino

I'm gona call it as I see it.

Inter to win 2-1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

This was a cracking match last season. I think it finished 0-1 to Inter but it was some game. Live on Bet365 now.

Nearly a goal for Roma already. Freekick by Totti saved and Mancini should have put the ball into the net after it was parried out.

Teams:

Roma
    Alexandre Doni

Christian Panucci
    Max Tonetto
    Juan
    Philippe Mexes

David Pizarro
    Danielle De Rossi
    Simone Perrotta

Ludovic Giuly
    Allessandro Mancini
    Francesco Totti

Inter
    Julio Cesar

Maxwell
    Javier Zanetti
    Ivan Cordoba
    Walter Samuel

Esteban Cambiasso
    Olivier Dacourt
    Aparecido Cesar
    Luis Figo
    Dejan Stankovic

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

The Totti bashers should watch this game. Playing very well so far.

Cesar one on one with Doni. Doni saves it. It falls to Ibrahomovic who heads it towards goal. It was going in but Giuly used his hand to keep it out. Giuly sent off. Peno to Inter. Goal to Inter, Ibrahomovic. 0-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Roma 1 - 4 Inter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

What a horrible result. It proves we are far away from Inter still. This is a result of like 2004 under Del Neri or Voller, not Speletti's Roma.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

The sending off sealed it. Roma were matching Inter before that. What a talent Ibrahimovic is though. Seems to have calmed down somewhat too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

All I can say is that their is one team in Italy at the moment and thats Inter!

The sending off didnt help but I think Inter were gona win this either way. Not by that score line though.

The Viola won 3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Milan 0-1 down at home to the mighty Catania in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

christ Milan are on bad form the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

1-1 now, Kaka penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

~Rebel~ wrote:
    christ Milan are on bad form the last few weeks.

They did the same last year and went on a strong run. Milan's team is getting old and I reckon there push this year will come later than they really need it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

kearnsr wrote:
    All I can say is that their is one team in Italy at the moment and thats Inter!
    boring!

kinaldo wrote:
    boring!

Whats boring?

kearnsr wrote:
    Whats boring?
    having one team compete for the league, or rather, "one team in Italy at the moment..."

how did u not get that?

kinaldo wrote:
    having one team compete for the league, or rather, "one team in Italy at the moment..."

how did u not get that?

CLearly thats not the case. I was just prasing my team. Its gona be a 4 horse race this year.

kearnsr wrote:
    Its gona be a 4 horse race this year.
    Lol! Are you joking?

Well clearly the mighty Milan are up for the fight.

Juve I think we all agree haven't got much a chance despite their good start.

So apart from Roma (a team that reminds me a bit of Newcastle 10 years ago), which other teams are going to challenge Inter???

I still find it hard to take Roma seriously.

Advertisement