Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband

Options
  • 28-09-2007 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I live in Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan and have recently had a flyer dropped in the door by Ice Broadband.
    Apparently they are offering speeds up to 400 times faster than Dialup.
    Now my dialup is on an eircom carrier line and I get connected at 14.4kb/s - and even this is very slow dial up - but at this rate, 400 times my speed is over 5.6Mb/s - If I were on a standard 40k dialup, that could be up to 16Meg.
    Somebody tell me that this is true and I will be signing up straight away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

be warey of ice.. while my service with them has been very good generaly it seems to very hugely on your location and how good your line will be.

dought it that theyve gotten upto 16mb lines though..

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

greece2000 wrote:
    I live in Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan and have recently had a flyer dropped in the door by Ice Broadband.
    Apparently they are offering speeds up to 400 times faster than Dialup.
    Now my dialup is on an eircom carrier line and I get connected at 14.4kb/s - and even this is very slow dial up - but at this rate, 400 times my speed is over 5.6Mb/s - If I were on a standard 40k dialup, that could be up to 16Meg.
    Somebody tell me that this is true and I will be signing up straight away.

Haha...I doubt even their backhaul is 16Mb!
    I decided to check out their site to see where you could get this magic service, but it seems to be experiencing some technical difficulties. ie no matter what button you click, it brings you to the homepage.

Oh well, looks like it's back to dialup greece2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Don't go near Ice!

They're the worst provider I've ever encountered and their technical support is non-existent.
    Some users have had speeds as bad as 70kbs.

Advertisement