Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion GotY released?

Options
  • 28-09-2007 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I have been waiting for a year now to buy oblivion, I got the goty edition of morrowind so I decided to wait it out and do the same with oblivion.

Luckily after lots of talk of there not gonna even be expansions released they finally fot round to releasing the goty edition. Eager as heck I went into town to get myself a copy the day it came out.

I searched all over town and to my dismay most shops had never even heard of it the only place that had said that it never even came in and would be lucky if it did.

I went home and looked around the internet for a copy, checking play.com and amazon with not a shred of luck.

Has anyone seen this game yet or is it even coming out here, I heard that it's a GAME exclusive in the uk is it the same here or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Gamestop in Stephen's Green had it in last week for PC and 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well I saw it in GAME Dundrum. It was in the cupboard behind the counter, there were no display copies anywhere in store. Same for new Settlers and Quake Wars. All free shelf space must have been reserved for Halo 3 *rolls eyes*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Whats special about the GOTY edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

seen it in gamespot in swords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 4_tailed_fox

Zillah wrote:
    Whats special about the GOTY edition?

It includes both of the released expansions so theres no fiddling round with dowloading them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Saw it behind the counter in GAME in the Ilac Centre too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It's in GAME Blanchardstown.

You don't have to download the add-ons but you do have to put them from the extra disc on to your hard-drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Brianb8802

You don't have to download the add-ons but you do have to put them from the extra disc on to your hard-drive.

Does that mean i can borrow somebody elses extra disc and copy the expansions onto my hd aswell. Or do they have a work around for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Brianb8802 wrote:
    Does that mean i can borrow somebody elses extra disc and copy the expansions onto my hd aswell. Or do they have a work around for this?

I'm going to try but after I installed the add-ons from the disc it has to connect to Xbox Live everytime you try and play the game or the add-ons are disabled. So I'm pretty sure its linked to the console/gamertag. :(

Advertisement