Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audioslave fans?

Options
  • 28-09-2007 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi everyone! I searched Youtube the other day to find a song that I had heard years ago but I couldn't place where! Turns out it was Audioslaves "Be Yourself" that had been the theme song of a wrestling show I saw on TV. Has anyone else heard this song? For me, the lyrics cut deep and give me goosepimples, a real strong song like.:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Happy to say they've broken up so Rage could come back and Cornell can still make music anyways. Be Yourself is a good but the lyrics have a very big homosexual feel-good factor to them. Much Much Much prefer Cochise and their first album. If you've never heard Cochise get to Limewire. It's amazin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

"Like a stone" is their best track. Trust me, you will love it

It's brilliant but Cochise is better. Too different for a comparison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GSW

Bubs101 wrote:
    Happy to say they've broken up so Rage could come back and Cornell can still make music anyways. Be Yourself is a good but the lyrics have a very big homosexual feel-good factor to them. Much Much Much prefer Cochise and their first album. If you've never heard Cochise get to Limewire. It's amazin

Let me get this straight (or bent as you put it), you think that being yourself is suggestive of being a homosexual? I beg to differ entirely and I'm not going to go into the discussion of same in any personal way. Silly comment no offense.

And ya, Conchise (or sumtin, not spelt right) and like a stone are excellent, but Be Yourself does it for me. And hey, why did they break up and when?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audioslave#Revelations.2C_and_breakup_.282006.E2.80.932007.29
    on February 15, 2007, Cornell officially announced his departure from Audioslave, issuing this statement:

"Due to irresolvable personality conflicts as well as musical differences, I am permanently leaving the band Audioslave. I wish the other three members nothing but the best in all of their future endeavors."

• Advertisement

GSW wrote:
    Let me get this straight (or bent as you put it), you think that being yourself is suggestive of being a homosexual? I beg to differ entirely and I'm not going to go into the discussion of same in any personal way. Silly comment no offense.
    ?

I don't think it is. I like the song but I can't help cringing at the gay lyrics, normally Cornell's strongpoint. " Be yourself is all that you can be". FFS.

Much prefer the lyrics to Spoonman myself:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Pitseleh

The band had essentially being downhill since 'Cochise' so it's probably better in the long run that they're gone and RATM are back (touring Europe hopefully - fingers crossed!) . Audioslave were never greater than the sum of their parts - that said, saw them at The Point just after the first album was out and it was a pretty good gig...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Bubs101 wrote:
    " Be yourself is all that you can be". FFS.
    It's actually "To be yourself is all that you can do". There's no flies on Mr. Cornell's grammar :D

Advertisement