Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

great start to the weekend!!!

Options
  • 28-09-2007 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Got my renewal quote from britton last week - €1100 fully comp; rang around a few companies, but no-one could better it (some wouldn't gimme a quote, because of my occupation)
    They rang me up today to ensure I was staying with them, I told them AXA offered me a quote for 550 - she told me to hang on then said they'd match it, I couldn't believe it!!

Why couldn't they just gimme this quote in the first place though?!?!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Because they're in the business to make money and while you managed to get them to half it (well done incidentially :)), there are many others who will just say "oh ok then.."

Easy money for them most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I ended up leaving halfway through a policy back to faithful old Quinn direct. Hibernian doubled my monthly when i switched from an integra to a Tdi A4. I complained, they said tough. I told them I could buy a years insurance for what they were now charging for 3 mths. 'Then go do it' was the reponse...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Mrs. crosstownk experienced the same thing with her latest insurance premium.

Her: How much?
    AXA: No change, same as last year - €490.
    Her: Is that your best offer?
    AXA: Yes.
    Her: I'll get back to you......

So off she went and rang around. She eventually got a quote from FBD for €380. And she rang AXA to tell them...........

Her: I've been quoted €380 from FBD - can you match it?
    AXA: Yes.
    Her: Why didn't you tell me that yesterday when you said that €490 was the best you could do?
    AXA: Er......well......em....We'll match it.

She was tempeted to tell them to fúck off, but reckoned it was less hassle to stay with the same company. It's a total scam - they wait to see if you're prepared to pay instead of giving the customer genuine value for money:mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I've been in the same situation where in the space of a phone call to another company my own is able to somehow recalculate and match that quote despite not being able to do this 15mins beforehand, when this happened I changed company it wasn't too much hassle but I felt that I was being made a fool of and would have been ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I tried that with axa when I first left them but they told me where to go, only did it to britton this time because I thought they might turn their noses up at me when I told them I was a mechanic - axa gave me a quote last week for fully comp @ 1200, I was just gonna take that 'cause britton can take their time responding to me and posting me out stuff (they got my car details wrong last year and was nearly a month after taking the policy out before I had the correct disc on my windscreen)

• Advertisement
Advertisement