Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Beginner

Options
  • 28-09-2007 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

Hi I am new to this forum and I am interested in taking up clay pigeon shooting as a hobby. I am a total beginner. Are there any beginners courses available in Dublin or Cork? any advice would be welcome.

Kind regards
    Mrs. M :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Welcome aboard Mrs. M
    Rest assured help is on the way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DJKH

courtlough shooting grounds, North Co Dubin.

If clays are what you want to try they will look after you seven days a week.

No need to have a gun, they will provide all that in a really nce enviornment.

Fancy a meal or a drink afterwards they will look after you.

www.courtlough.com I think!

Have a great time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Depending where you are you could also try Hilltop in Wicklow (www.pcquad.com)

Same kind of clay shooting facilities for newbies as Courtlough, guns, ammo, safety equipment (eyes, ears), safety briefing, one on one tuition, novice stands, etc available except they don't have a pub - they do usually have pretty good biscuits in the clubhouse though - you gotta be quick when the fig rolls come out.

I'm not really up to scratch on where is good in Cork. I'm sure you'll get plenty of info from others on here though.

Hope it helps,

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Mrs. MacGyver,

It would appear you may live in an area near to me.... PM me & we can talk.

TJ911...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Bananaman wrote:
    Depending where you are you could also try Hilltop in Wicklow (www.pcquad.com)

Same kind of clay shooting facilities for newbies as Courtlough, guns, ammo, safety equipment (eyes, ears), safety briefing, one on one tuition, novice stands, etc available except they don't have a pub - they do usually have pretty good biscuits in the clubhouse though - you gotta be quick when the fig rolls come out.

I'm not really up to scratch on where is good in Cork. I'm sure you'll get plenty of info from others on here though.

Hope it helps,

B'Man

Thanks Banana, the fig rolls swing it for me!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I've decided to give courtlough a go . I'll let ye know how it works out. Thanks again for all your advice!

Advertisement