Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Mature Course with 410 points

Options
  • 28-09-2007 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I'm now 23, got 410 in my Leaving 5 years ago. I dropped out 2nd Arts UCD 2 years ago after failing 2nd year. What kind of courses have mature students applied for? How much do points matter can anyone tell me in their experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Points don't matter to mature students. You are now exempt from the points race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Joe1919

You apply for course via CAO but also fill out page 3 & 4. I did this on line. You may also need to apply direct to University e.g Maynooth. You may eventually be called for interview. Your points may be taken into account at interview and also its possible to get an offer based on your points alone. Theology, Arts and Psychology are popular with mature students but mature students without points may only be allowed do Psychology through Arts & a quota system may be in place on entering second year.( This is the case in Maynooth)
    My advice is to attend the open day and talk to Mature Student Officer (who may also be on selection or interview board. Best of Luck

Advertisement