Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifi problems in vista

Options
  • 28-09-2007 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I have 2 identical new laptops with vista home premium installed. Last night I set up an ad hoc wifi network to share a usb broadband connection (Local Area Connection 2 in Network Connections). Today I went to set up the connection again but wasn't prompted to set up ICS in the adhoc wizard. I tried enabling sharing in Properties > Sharing for "Local Area Connection 2" and "Wireless Network Connection" but to no avail. The client is on the network but says local access only - no internet.

Also what does "Home Network Connection" in this dialog mean:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I think it's asking for which connection you want to share connection 2 with.
    IIRC, you only need to share the internet-side connection... trying to share the wireless connection is probably confusing it, since that's not your internet connection.

I'd disable ICS on the wireless connection and enable it only on connection 2 with the wireless connection specified in that "Home Network Connection" dropdown box.
    tbh I think all this wizard malarky makes everything more complicated.

Advertisement