Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Parking for another 3 days..

Options
  • 28-09-2007 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

Just got an email there saying the LRC are calling a meeting on wednesday and pay parking will be deferred until after that...

wonder what all that's about :confused:

anyway, it means 3 more free days for us all :D

doubt anything will happen as all the meters are in place and the signs are up..

so we get an email friday evening about something which we were told for months would happen on monday... there's also big signs saying this will start monday...

*awaits confusion Monday morning* :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

To: "all staff" <all.staff@dkit.ie>

it says to all staff, not sure if students were meant to get the email, it says its a consultation with a labour union too so the college staff arent happy about ???

where are the students union in all this shouldnt they have been in consultation about getting the price reduced or having the introduction put off until the 300 new spaces promised are built

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

like all students unions they are too busy trying to organise the boozeups and the events to actually bother representing the needs of the students.

I dont know what all the fuss is about the parking anyway. Too many people making needless journeys by car to college everyday and if I few more boyracers stay home or get the bus in Ill be delighted.

Losers

most people have no option other than to drive because public transport to the college just isn't good enough, the clamping is fair enough to stop people parking in stupid places but charging students to park at there college when there isnt even enough space for all the students is nothing short of a money making scam

Ive seen many students drive from College Heights into DkIT!!

One of the reasons it was brought was also to stop commuters using the carpark and hopping on the bus to Dublin.

I also heard one of the lecturers spreading scurrilous rumours about where the money was going. They have no shame that lot!

Ive seen many students drive from College Heights into DkIT!!

One of the reasons it was brought was also to stop commuters using the carpark and hopping on the bus to Dublin.

yeh i seen the driving from college heights alright that is a disgrace, its a 2 minute walk and its probably closer to the college than where you'd get parked sometimes.

as regards to stopping commuters from using the car parks thats simple, just issue any student with a valid student id a parking permit and make them display it.

do you think an 8 euro a week pay parking fee is going to stop commuters from using it??

• Advertisement

its a devisive issue. I feel sorry for anyone eg trying to pop into the college for a couple of minutes or those who dont have a 9-5 day. I also dont agree with the price of payparking.
    However theres a huge irony in pitying students who have to to pay to park yet can afford a car, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

anyone know when the pay parking comes in?

they said in the email it would be deferred until after wednesday...

so i assume we'll be told if it's coming in tomorrow (thursday)..

i'd imagine plenty of people will be caught out if it comes in in the middle of a week..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I can't drive but I've got a disability card which can be displayed in the front window of the car. I know in Dublin that when this sticker is displayed the driver doesn't have to pay for parking. I wonder if it'll work here too.

pay parking has been put off until further notice pending the end of a concilliation process, must be some serious backing against the introduction of it

teachers union. Lecturers are the most powerful lobby in the college.

Cept of course the caretakers. No openy door: no college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

teachers union. Lecturers are the most powerful lobby in the college.

Cept of course the caretakers. No openy door: no college.

yeah but, the staff get the free car parking anyway so you'd imagine they couldn't give a **** what happens to us and our car parks :confused:

A few of my lecturers are totally against the pay parking thing. They feel it's stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lilyrose

pay parking is a joke we shouldnt b expected to pay when there isnt enough spaces especially considerin the staff dont have to pay and that theygotan extra car park. averagingup the cost of a week at col is about 50euro n thats before i even count petrol andpay parking !!! oh and the lecturers r givin out thar we have part time jobs !! joke

That's a bit of a joke alright. Some lecturers are a joke... *cough* Joe McPhail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

That_Guy wrote:
    That's a bit of a joke alright. Some lecturers are a joke... *cough* Joe McPhail

LMAO can't belive you said that :D , but Joe isn't as much of a joke as much as the course he teaches.
    I don't listen to a word he or Enda says. Its a waste of two hours a week in my opinion.

That_Guy wrote:

you cant give out about lecturers on this, i did last year and got threatened with legal action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

Oops :eek:

My bad.... Joe you legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 -avey-

I was in DKIT last yr, what a disaster wen d clampin came in, all in all it needed 2 come in, but i used 2 havta b at d xerox lights at 8.20 2 hav any hope of gettin parked near d coll! its ridiculous tho how many ppl drove from d neighbourin estates :mad: i saw me havin 2 park at d bottom of rockfield wen i was doin my exams :( ah well dont havta worry bout it this yr :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

-avey- wrote:
    I was in DKIT last yr, what a disaster wen d clampin came in, all in all it needed 2 come in, but i used 2 havta b at d xerox lights at 8.20 2 hav any hope of gettin parked near d coll! its ridiculous tho how many ppl drove from d neighbourin estates :mad: i saw me havin 2 park at d bottom of rockfield wen i was doin my exams :( ah well dont havta worry bout it this yr :cool:
    "Txt spk" is generally frowned upon on Boards.

• Advertisement

europerson wrote:
    "Txt spk" is generally frowned upon on Boards.

it should result in a short banning, i cant understand how anyone uses or reads it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 -avey-

Sorry hard to get out of the habit. :o

Advertisement