Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Patio in the rain!

Options
  • 28-09-2007 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hello again!

As per my other coupe of threads....

Just laid a new patio two days ago. Half was laid on a dry/semi-dry mortar mix. Other half on wet mix. Wet mix is rock hard now, dry mix is still taking it's time.

I have been unable to start any pointing yet due to block laying etc around the edge of the patio that has been of greater importance. Also my unfruitful search for Geofix or Rompox or whatever it's called has been unsuccessful. I was hoping to take the easy road and brush in some polymer jointing and lay plastic about 2 feet above the surface to keep the rain off while I am away for a few days.

Now, I'm in bigger trouble as it looks like rain from tonight onwards and no pointing is done at all. So, will rain on unpointed patio, some of which is still possibly curing, cause me any trouble? Will I return home after a few days to Slopesville or Rockatown or Rubble Village??

Whatever responses I get won't change the fact that it won't be done, but it will affect whether I spend the few days away nibbling on my fingertips!!

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

it'll be fine, u need to give the "dry mix" time to cure before pointing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Also, do me a favor.. keep off the patio until the drymix is set! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ta me anseo

Will do!

Twill be easier when I'm not here!

Thanks guys!

Advertisement