Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1.4 vtr saxo trouble

Options
  • 28-09-2007 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

my vtr is suffering from idling problems. when i depress the clutch and the revs drop sometimes the engine cuts out. its like its being starved of fuel. also the odd time when stationary i get a smell of petrol in the cabin. cant see any evidence of a leak and once the revs are kept up it runs normal. could it be the ilding valve on the bottom of the throttle body?.
    btw the smell comes in trough the air ducts so ied guess its comming from the engine area as opposed to the lines or the tank.
    any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

First of all, you'd be better off posting this in the Motors forum - your question is more suited to that forum, plus you'll get a better response as there is greater traffic.

From what you describe, there appears to be a fuel leak somewhere. You won't necessarily see a leak as the fuel could be evaporating as it leaks out. Check for cracked or damaged fuel lines. Also check your air intake pipes and any vacuum connections.

Advertisement