Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Stereo Volume

Options
  • 28-09-2007 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi,

I just bought a car and the volume knob from the cd player is missing. It's a Goodmans. The problem is I can only turn it up by turning the thing that's behind where the knob would be. Even if I turn it backwards it still increases the volume. Any ideas how I'd be able to adjust the volume?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I wouldn't waste too much time on it- if it's important to you (as it would be to me) just look for a replacement. A nice used sony will only set you back less than a ton and will be better than a goodmans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

No point in trying to fix it. I'd take cantdecide's advice and just buy a new stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If it's the standard shaft thingy (circular but with a flat section) you might try fitting a knob off any old stereo to see if it works. Is it possible that the control in question does more than volume alone (e.g. balance as well - if depressed and turned)? This might be why it's increasing (or seems to be increasing!) the volume when you turn the shaft to the left. Check the manual if you have it.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Mine goes to eleven :cool:

keefg wrote:
    Your shaft or your knob? 11 centimetres, maybe! :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

esel wrote:
    Your shaft or your knob? 11 centimetres, maybe! :eek:

You been hanging around public toilets again??:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

keefg wrote:

That's like 1 more than ten!
    christopher_guest_this_is_spinal_tap_002.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

It's not worth trying to get it fixed. d players are very cheap this days.

louie wrote:
    It's not worth trying to get it fixed. d players are very cheap this days.
    Have you lost your knob at some time in the past too? :D It may not be worth getting it fixed, but it is worth trying to fix it.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

ha ha ha very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

ned78 wrote:
    That's like 1 more than ten!

Why dont you just make 10 louder?

:confused:

Cos these go to eleven!

Advertisement