Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tape stuck in stereo

Options
  • 28-09-2007 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

ape stuck in stereo
    The tape mechanism sems to be stuck on our Seat toledo , its the original stereo.

Were usin one of those mp3 tape adaptors, the eject button dosent seem to work.

i tried lifting the tape with my finger and pulling lightly on the cable , it didnt seem to work and i didnt want to force it..

Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

When this sort of thing has happened to me, I use a thin blade screwdriver and try to lever it up under the tape and push eject.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You're gonna have to tease it out as Mike suggested. You may even have to remove the stereo and open it up. When you do get it out, be sure not use that cassette again. Some cassettes are badly made and their dimensions are what causes them to get stuck. But, if the same thing happens with various cassettes then it's most likely the mechanism in the stereo that's at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

crosstownk wrote:
    When you do get it out, be sure not use that cassette again.
    It's a tape adapter.
    Were usin one of those mp3 tape adaptors

OP, just be gentle when trying to get it out.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

get the radio out, remove the top cover and slowly push the tape out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Actually the OP states he has an APE stuck in the stereo which requires a whole different approach! :p

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Coax it out with a banana? :D

Seriously, it may not have gone in far enough to engage fully so the eject mechanism won't work. Strange though it may seem try pushing it in a bit more, then try the eject again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hagar wrote:
    Seriously, it may not have gone in far enough to engage fully so the eject mechanism won't work. Strange though it may seem try pushing it in a bit more, then try the eject again.
    Bet you say that to all the girls!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

somebody is in a good mood today. :)

Advertisement