Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 new scientific discoveries, why there's "global warming".

• 28-09-2007 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

I came across this web page and it blew me away. It discusses a lot of new scientific facts, like the fact that our solar system it heading in a completely different direction than the rest of the galaxy, among other stunning things. It will surely amaze you, although, it's a long read!

http://curezone.com/blogs/fm.asp?i=985423

Enjoy!

:D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Man that site is so terribly designed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Christ almighty, can you lot not just let the planet die in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Man that site is so terribly designed.

It's true. But don't let that stop you reading what's in it. It's pretty groundbreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

And what exactly makes them facts? Till they change their mind again?

Anto McC wrote:
    Christ almighty, can you lot not just let the planet die in peace.

Ah, the planet's not dying. It'll never die.....it might shake off some irritating fleas every now and then, but Gaia continues! :D

• Advertisement

It's all shapeshifting lizardman propaganda.

The-Rigger wrote:
    And what exactly makes them facts? Till they change their mind again?

Yes, the site supplies links to news clips on other things.

It's all shapeshifting lizardman propaganda.

HEHEHEHE

That's right!

Bloody crafty buggers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

So Glad: I can't warm up to your curezone link.

ALTHOUGH, I'd be more inclinded to blame the Crab people...

Crab people.....crab people.......CRAB PEOPLE.......

• Advertisement

So Glad wrote:
    Ah, the planet's not dying. It'll never die.....it might shake off some irritating fleas every now and then, but Gaia continues! :D
    Until this happens:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_giant#The_Sun_as_a_red_giant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

So Glad wrote:
    Ah, the planet's not dying. It'll never die

Now that to me is a more depressing thought.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So Glad wrote:
    But don't let that stop you reading what's in it.

I'm not going to bother reading that site. It's so terribly laid out that it borders on torture. I'm going to check out some of the stuff in the links though.

I'm not going to bother reading that site. It's so terribly laid out that it borders on torture. I'm going to check out some of the stuff in the links though.

Truth isn't always pretty...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Somewhat interesting, nothing conclusive.
    Of course, they are all theories at this stage.

Website come across very "space hippie"

So Glad wrote:
    Truth isn't always pretty...

It's not the truth. It's just a website that links to different news stories. The guy who designed it should have just put a line of links on the page and a description on what it links to and leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

So Glad wrote:
    ALTHOUGH, I'd be more inclinded to blame the Crab people...

Crab people.....crab people.......CRAB PEOPLE.......

Its always the crab people...cra-a-ab people cra-a-ab people, taste like crabs talk like people, cra-a-ab people cra-a-ab people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

who gives a bollox, we'll all be pushing up daisies by then

who gives a bollox, we'll all be pushing up daisies by then

Oh my..........

You make me a sad Panda :(

What is the point of the site so glad?

• Advertisement

What is the point of the site so glad?

It's just poking at alternate theories....basic science thing.....you poke around and refine your technique, it's all good on the grander scale of things........

Not saying it's true, but it's good to have an informed opinion of what da funk people are discussing. :D

So Glad wrote:
    Not saying it's true

Yes you are.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54104384&postcount=4

But what I am asking is why are they linking all these different stories? What is there overall conclusion?

Actually so glad don't bother answering that question. It's conclusion is that all these things prove the earth is going to end in 2012 in accordance with the end of the mayan calendar. Just to let you know, I have a calendar that ends on the 31st of December 2007. Should we presume that the world is going to end then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I came across this thread and it blew me away. It discusses a lot of new scientific facts, like the fact that our solar system it heading in a completely different direction than the rest of the galaxy, among other stunning things. It will surely amaze you, although, it's a long read!

The lizards are coming.
    Everyone run.

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

There's a university in America offering $500,000 to somebody who can actually prove global warming.

banquo wrote:
    There's a university in America offering $500,000 to somebody who can actually prove global warming.

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

banquo wrote:

A friends of mines cousins neighbour is doing that too.

Meh, Conspiracy Theory forum you had to move it too?

Fair enough....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

My bad, it was a website and it's only for $100,000.

Link : http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20070825/OPINION01/708240332/0/OPINION0306

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah but it's one of the many internet "prove this" competitions that even if you do prove it, there's small print that will stop them having to pay you. Even the Lizard fans have one of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Damn. Was hoping this would be real, and not some born-again-christain/lizard-people/little-green-men threads. Ah well, maybe next time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement