Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retail game a disapointment

Options
  • 28-09-2007 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

I've been playing the full version of the game for a couple of hours now and I have to say things are pissing me off. First I keep getting an "Authorisation error 103" message a lot of the time and cant get into alot of games ( I never got this in the demo). And the games I do get into , it takes a huge length of time with "Please wait " messages so alot of the time I just quit , dont want to wait for over 5 minutes to get into a game. I had the demo and loved it to bits - being to jump into games straightaway , great pings , lot of people playing etc. In short a very good demo with the final game not matching it

There seems to be hardly anybody playiing it but I understand its only its first day of release. Hopefully there will be more when the yanks get it in a few days time.

I recommend to get the standard edition as opposed to the Limited Collectors edition as i went through everything on the bonus disk in about 5 minutes. I feel a bit ripped off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I think you have possible PC or Network issues there. Game has played flawlessly for anyone I know who got it. Lots and lots of servers are up, 2/3 irish ones as well, and tonnes of players and full servers.

Look at the support forums for the problem you are encountering, I'm sure its something simple.

Few posts on the community forum about this, http://community.enemyterritory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9538 is one of them. Can you do a test and join a server by typing in its ip in "Direct Connect", use either 89.234.64.91 or 84.203.251.14, both Irish servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

I could get onto the Irish Guard easily in the demo. When I tried again with the i.ps you gave me and ip.theirishguard.com , in the full game i got on once and failed to join twice.

On a related note when I start a Halo 3 multiplayer session it tells me "NAT not open - which can lead to slower matchmaking" . Could this be the problem? If so how can I "open" my NAT and would this effect security of my PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Wont install for me, error with disc but theres nothing wrong with the disc.

my fault for saying games are made better nowadays.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Seeker wrote:
    On a related note when I start a Halo 3 multiplayer session it tells me "NAT not open - which can lead to slower matchmaking" . Could this be the problem? If so how can I "open" my NAT and would this effect security of my PC?
    Check out here: http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Halo/Haloindex.htm

KdjaCL wrote:
    Wont install for me, error with disc but theres nothing wrong with the disc.

my fault for saying games are made better nowadays.

kdjac

Try a firmware update on your DVD drive. Karma had the same problem and this fixed his. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Worked after a few retries and cancels etc.

Hope theres a stat on how many people walk into the slipgate just to see what happens :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

lol

Seeing people run away from flyer drones is a laugh.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

They strongly recommend disabling the following if you have them.

-> Trend Micro (Antivirus/Security)
    -> Zone Alarm (Firewall)
    -> Logitech Setpoint (Mouse drivers/software) http://community.enemyterritory.com/...ead.php?t=8523
    -> McAfee (Antivirus/Security)
    -> BullGuard / SteelSecurity (Internet Security)
    -> WindowsBlinds (Customize Windows)
    -> Asus Enhanced Display Driver
    -> Xfire
    -> Dell Display Drivers

Also, try looking here
    http://community.enemyterritory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605

Advertisement