Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007 future winners talk

Options
  • 28-09-2007 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

so lets talk about what we expect to win this years awards :0
    and about good games of this year in general.

i think halo3 might win best 360 game anyway.

metroid prime 3 looks like a very good game, am looking forward to it.

not many huge titles out yet but as we drawn near Christmas we will see ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'll be sorely disappointed if the Orange box doesn't clean up this year. (pc goty for Portal, FPS of the year for Episode 2, online game of the year for TF2...)

The Wii game of the year should be an interesting one, seeing as we should have MP3 AND Mario Galaxy to choose between... could be a tough one!

Looking forward to the game awards this year, I should hopefully be able to help out this year (had too much work stuff on last year and I had to hand it over to BlitzKrieg to run...)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bioshock for me is the clear winner for best 360 game. Halo 3 has nothing on it.

Can't wait for MP3 and SM Galaxy, they should be fighting it out on the Wii.

For me the best game of the year so far has got to be Zelda Phantom Hourglass.

For the PS3 there's nothing worth talking about so you have to look at the PS2. It's not going to win because it's import only but Odin Sphere deserves best PS game.

For the PSP FF tactics will probably walk it but Jeanne D'Arc is just as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

reckon rock band is gonna be awesome !!

cant see too many other games coming close for entertainment value :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Videogaming babe of the year should definitely go to Jade 'mmmm' Raymond. She has the huge advantage over the competition because she is actually real :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Videogaming babe of the year should definitely go to Jade 'mmmm' Raymond. She has the huge advantage over the competition because she is actually real :)
    Aye, we don't even need to bother creating a poll for it... none of the pixelated beauties have a chance (I'll fix the poll if I have to damnit!:p)

It's almost time to start creating the suggestion threads... really looking forward to getting it underway this year

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »
    Aye, we don't even need to bother creating a poll for it... none of the pixelated beauties have a chance (I'll fix the poll if I have to damnit!:p)

Instead of calling the award the 'Hottest videogame character award' we could rename it to the 'Jade Raymond Bachelors Choice Award'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mrkiscool

emm i think there is one good game from the ps3 this year
    and thats F.E.A.R without a doubt one of the best games i have ever played
    and halo 3 for x-box 360 hands down

I think Uncharted will walk home with the PS3 award although if it's for the PS2/3 I'd pick Odin Sphere despite the chance it hasn't a hope of winning.

Halo 3 is far from the bedt game on ht e360 this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

anyone wanna tell me bout odin sphere aint played it yet and been considerin gettin it?

Well it's not out in Europe and I'm not sure if there's a release date. It's a gorgeous looking 2D mix of beat'em up and RPG with more emphasis on beat'em up. It's a really good game with a great storyline and soundtrack to boot. The only criticism I have is that backgrounds and enemies tend to get recycled a lot but otherwise it's all good.

• Advertisement

The awards are now underway, so I'll be closing this to avoid confusion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement