Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

qouting??

Options
  • 28-09-2007 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

how yas doin ? when posting a reply and i want to use qoutes from several other replies say , how do i do that ? its ok qouting one reply from a user as when ya click qoute and takes you to new window to do your reply , but as i say how can ya do several and use them in the reply ya want to post :confused::) cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You mean a quote within a quote?
    nobody wrote:
    somebody wrote:
    Blah blah, you suck, blah blah.
    Hey, that's not nice!

You do this by doing this:
    [noparse]
    nobody wrote:
    [/noparse]
    [noparse]
    somebody wrote:
    [/noparse]Blah blah, you suck, blah blah.
    Hey, that's not nice!

ie: contain the text within [noparse]
    [/noparse] tags. And contain that block of quoted text with quote tags within a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

cheers for reply gordon , but this is exactly what i wanna do when replying sometimes , use various users posts in my reply :) like shown below, the user is replying to a few posts in one post !! making a hard job explaining this aint i lol :) cheers again if ya know :)

untitledytr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah right, there isn't a system at present for multiquoting in that way afaik. There may be one when the system is updated in the near future.

It's just a case of copy/pasting really. Instead of writing [noparse]
    you can write
    nick wrote:
    [/noparse] and it will fill in the person's nick. Alternatively you can hit the quote button on relevant posts and open them in a new window and hit copy/paste.

Advertisement