Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI 480 output?

• 28-09-2007 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

So i got a new premium pack the other day, which has the hdmi port. So today i got a hdmi cable, plug it in and it only offers me an output of 480, the 720 etc cant be selected. I've tried restarting it but no luck. I plugged in my component cable and it gives me all for options. Any idea why this might happen, its a Bush 27" HDTV, but seeing as the component cable gives the options i don't think its a problem with the tv. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭guest

ohandels wrote:
    So i got a new premium pack the other day, which has the hdmi port. So today i got a hdmi cable, plug it in and it only offers me an output of 480, the 720 etc cant be selected. I've tried restarting it but no luck. I plugged in my component cable and it gives me all for options. Any idea why this might happen, its a Bush 27" HDTV, but seeing as the component cable gives the options i don't think its a problem with the tv. Cheers

It could be an issue with HDCP---High Definition Copyright Protection. Microsoft are just as strict on protecting their content as Sony, so unless the Bush fully supports HDCP in its HDMI connector, then the Xbox360 will not display a HD signal (480p isn't counted as HD so it's allowed to be streamed).

As for the Component working, well that's down to the fact that HDCP restrictions don't apply to these type of connectors...yet. There was talk of Microsoft restricting the Component to 480P, but there was an outcry against that.

I don't know how well-up you are on gaming tech, so I'll just let you know that a HD signal being transmitted along component cables is virtually indentical to one being transmitted along HDMI. I've seen comparisons and I'm picky, but I couldn't see any difference at all---so I'd stick with the component!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 astro51

not to hijack the thread, but does anyone including yourself know where i can get one of the new premiums that have the HDMI port?

They're apparently in some of the shops now. One of the other guys said that you can see hdmi written somewhere on the box and this is how you spot them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

what resolution is the bush tv?i was using a samsung 32inch but it didnt support higher than 720 it was just giving me 480.that might be whats wrong if im following correctly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

Im having the same problem , i also have a bush 26" tv , hdmi port . only getting 480p using HDMI cable . Its not the xbox 360 cable i just got a loan of one to check it out,

Is it the cable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

coady wrote: »
    Im having the same problem , i also have a bush 26" tv , hdmi port . only getting 480p using HDMI cable . Its not the xbox 360 cable i just got a loan of one to check it out,

Is it the cable?

well I have an elite and a Panasonic 32 inch LCD (unreal telly if anyone is in the market for one, had a samsung and this blows it out of the water)

I can output 720p (even 1080p which my telly downscales I'd say) no bother so assuming the elite and premium are identical internally (obvious cosmetic difference and bigger hard drive, neither effect HDMI) I'd bet my smaller left nut that its the TV

Does anyone you know have another HDMI (supporting HDCP) telly that you could use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

i checked my TV has hdcp . ,, must be the cheap ass cable i got??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

i checked my TV has hdcp . ,, must be the cheap ass cable i got??

I doubt it very much , unless one of the joints is physically broke , its highly unlikely to be the cable , more than likely its your TV , the console will default to the lowest res if you try and set it up to a resolution your TV cant handle.

What model exactly is the TV and what is its native resolution ?

Advertisement