Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why you would not drive this?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

While I agree that with a powerful LHD hanging back and then flooring it to overtake is entirely possible, It wouldn't be my preferred driving style.

The way traffic is these days, you'd have to do a fair amount of hanging back-speeding up-hanging back ...I prefer a smooth continous flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

AntiVirus wrote:
    Fair enough but he was quoting peasant who was taking about buying a RHD M3.

Ah, indeed!

@peasant - buying an M3, mainly for overtaking? :eek:

A high torque auto would be better / safer, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

unkel

all theoretically speaking ...

I personally wouldn't buy an M3 anyway, all that power is wasted on these roads ...but IF I were to buy one, it would have to have the steering wheel on the right side.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Fair enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

The biggest problem with that car is that if somone immigrant would buy the car, keep it here 6 months and take it back to home country, sounds good idea, right? since you keep it here 6 months, you do not need to pay tax when you import it to your homecountry,

but the big problem is insurance, good luck getting that car insured here, it is much easier go to Germany, buy and keep car there insured for that 6 months, then drive it home.

So I think that car will be staying for sale a long time,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

itarumaa wrote:
    The biggest problem with that car is that if somone immigrant would buy the car, keep it here 6 months and take it back to home country, sounds good idea, right? since you keep it here 6 months, you do not need to pay tax when you import it to your homecountry

Why do you assume that other countries have the same stupid VRT regulation as this country has?

Advertisement