Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

where are you guys /girls going for a drink or 2 b4 the vicar street gig. i have there last concert with tarja on dvd and have most of their albums inculding the deluxe version of the new album. love the songs and cant wait to see them live. their live shows look awsome from their dvds. wouldnt mind meeting up with fellow nightwishers before and after the gig. :D stand outs for me would be bye bye beautifull and amaranth and the poet and the pendulum also like 7 days to the wolves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

villains77 wrote: »
    where are you guys /girls going for a drink or 2 b4 the vicar street gig. i have there last concert with tarja on dvd and have most of their albums inculding the deluxe version of the new album. love the songs and cant wait to see them live. their live shows look awsome from their dvds. wouldnt mind meeting up with fellow nightwishers before and after the gig. :D stand outs for me would be bye bye beautifull and amaranth and the poet and the pendulum also like 7 days to the wolves.
    A meet-up seems like a great idea to me! I'll be coming from Galway with Mr. Hungus but I've no idea where's a good place near Vicar St. since I've never been there before so I'm open to suggestions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I iz in galway too, don't think I can make it. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

yes you can if you put your mind to it! I cant afford to go to see them in Birmingham and Belfast but I'm doing it!

I'm going to try meet up with Oeneus and some Finnish ladies I met in Helsinki.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pictures of finnish ladies may get me to go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Do you have any idea what the best method of getting from Dublin to Birmingham is? Also from Glasgow to Belfast. I haven't even began to think about all this yet. :)

Pictures of finnish ladies may get me to go
    Do they have to be Finnish?

Oeneus wrote: »
    Do you have any idea what the best method of getting from Dublin to Birmingham is? Also from Glasgow to Belfast. I haven't even began to think about all this yet. :)
    i usually get the 8.55 ferry form dublin port and get train form holyhead to brum arriving around 6.50 in the morn. last time was 75 euro for ferry and train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

malice_ wrote: »
    A meet-up seems like a great idea to me! I'll be coming from Galway with Mr. Hungus but I've no idea where's a good place near Vicar St. since I've never been there before so I'm open to suggestions.

If we're looking for somewhere to meat, I have a deep fondness for the Porter House, which is located in Temple Bar, and is not all too far from Vicar St.

Frankly, there are **** all pubs near Vicar St. and I wouldn't put my foot in one of them again. Went into one right near the venue itself, and some old bastard roared at me to "Get out, or I'll ****ing kill ye!" Suffice to say, it didn't have a very pleasant atmosphere. ;)

the porterhouse house is an ok venue but you want the real guinness and not some make uppie stout. yea i know the pubs are a bit dodgy up that area. waht bout the pub up beside christ church catherdral they have a duke box with a few nightwish songs i hope well they did ave a good selection of songs form other bands i like and the guinness is good there any time i go in. or we could have a pub crawl starting in mulligans and up to temple bar and onto the vicar st. dont mind where we meet dont like going to gigs on my own my mates down like nightwish and give me stick bout it so wasnt going to ask them to go with me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

but you want the real guinness and not some make uppie stout.

:eek:

Frankly, the stouts they have in the Porterhouse whip the hole of a Guinness. I'd take a pint of their plain porter, or Wrasslers XXXX over a Guinness any day.

Do they have to be Finnish?

Convince me. :p

:eek:

Frankly, the stouts they have in the Porterhouse whip the hole of a Guinness. I'd take a pint of their plain porter, or Wrasslers XXXX over a Guinness any day.
    well i just stuck with the beer when i was last there. why drink a stout that not guinness but you can twist my arm in having one. lol well iam on half day from college talk to you all later

Convince me. :p

I can confirm to you now that my Finnish friends that myself and "Nightwish" are meeting up with for the gig are smoking hot! (Aine, don't you dare tell them I said that!)

There's a new girl meeting us from Finland as well but I haven't met her yet so have no idea what she looks like. She's like a friend of a friend or some sh!t.

I think that Ferry to Holyhead is out of the question. the gig in Brum is the night after the Dublin gig so leaving at 8pm means missing the Dublin show. So I think I'll have to find an alternative method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

I may join ye fine people for this.

Ain't nothing wrong with the stout in the Porterhouse either!

I'm flying to Birmingham if thats any use to you, and I'm going on the train to Belfast.

And dont worry Oeneus, I wont say anything to the girls from Finland ;)

I've made a bit of a blunder. Its not Birmingham thats after Dublin, it's Manchester. So correction: What's the easiest way to get to Manchester from Dublin. I'm guessing its flying.

well i try it out so lol i take your word for it then if there 2 lads talking bout it it must be good so. well where are you and the finnish ladies going before the gig. i should be off work at 5.30 that night so cant wait for the gig. never seen them live apart from there end of an era absolutley love that song ghost love score amazing. cant wait for the new songs to be played. do they play the same set at all the gigs or do they change it depending on the venue. Whats the best of the new songs live. do you know of any tickets left for the vicar street my mate hasnt got one yet. dont know if he go or not. has been known to not turn up for gigs so if he gets ticket fine if not no bother he be missing out on a great night

I've made a bit of a blunder. Its not Birmingham thats after Dublin, it's Manchester. So correction: What's the easiest way to get to Manchester from Dublin. I'm guessing its flying.
    check out the ryanair site or aerlingus .com might get a cheap flight to manchester.

I can confirm to you now that my Finnish friends that myself and "Nightwish" are meeting up with for the gig are smoking hot! (Aine, don't you dare tell them I said that!)

Ah well, I suppose they all are...

• Advertisement

cant wait for this gig being waiting a long time for them to play here since i started buying there albums

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ledar

You could go to the Dice bar. It's alternative and welcoming and is literally just across the river and on the luas line.

Stephen

cant wait for this gig being waiting a long time for them to play here since i started buying there albums

I never thought they'd play here. I started listening to them when Century Child was released and I couldnt get it in Ireland. Nor could I get Once when it was released. Now I see them for sale (albeit greatly overpriced) in my local music store.

Can you get Nightwish CDs in Irish shops now? I guess they've definitely gone mainstream now :)
    For the record I used CDON to buy all of their their albums.

I buy them direct from their website. Take out the middle man!

Nightwish wrote: »
    I buy them direct from their website. Take out the middle man!
    :) I actually didn't think about their own shop for Dark Passion Play but I did try it for all of the others and they were sold out of Angels Fall First I think. I wanted to get them all together to save on postage costs so I just went with the first place I found that had them all in stock. They haven't let me down yet *touch wood* unlike useless CD Wow but that's a rant for another thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

You can get nearly all their CDs in any big music shop like HMV, including Tarja's new album. I never really had any trouble finding a Nightwish CD, although I did order the new one off the website so I'd get the extra disc (thanks to some good advice).

I really can't wait for this gig! I'm even willing to give up my job to go see it, if it comes to it, but there should be no trouble getting the night off... there better not be anyway...

You can get nearly all their CDs in any big music shop like HMV, including Tarja's new album.
    I'm sure you can get them now but not three or four years ago (in Galway anyway). Plus you'll be paying the usual rip-off Irish price for them :mad:.
    I really can't wait for this gig! I'm even willing to give up my job to go see it, if it comes to it, but there should be no trouble getting the night off... there better not be anyway...
    Better hope your boss doesn't read Boards in case you try to pull a sickie :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

I know im threading on a fine line here, but its worth it....

Anyone have any Seated tickets for this concert ? I can standing ones but I dont want them. PM me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bunnywabbit*

Can you get Nightwish CDs in Irish shops now? I guess they've definitely gone mainstream now :)
    For the record I used CDON to buy all of their their albums.

Yeah see some of their stuff in Zavi I think it's called, the shop that replaced Virgin :confused:

Advertisement