Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cats eyes, bollards and the m50...!

Options
  • 29-09-2007 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

what is the deal with these, driving from dublin to the sticks of kerry i couldnt help but notice the alarming lack of these things on our (crap) roads... it seems they are there alright but not actually working very well.... or maybe i am not eating my greens?

where i live in the country there are new cats eyes on a stretch of road, green and orange and whatnot and you see them a mile off. so i can actually see properly.:rolleyes:

also, them islands on the way into towns they used to be all lighted up yellow, now the are not and the yellow paint on them is not even reflective. you could easily smack up against them foot high kerbs near them bollards if you werent careful.

another example of how sad things are in this country.,,

and what the hell are they doing to the m50???:eek: driving from santry to the n7 was almost impossible last week. road is a total shambles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Welcome to driving in Ireland, where even when infrastructure is improved, the new elements are not maintained* and quickly become as sad and tatty as the old stuff was.

*For example, the NRA spec out National Primary Routes, but don't maintain them - that is the job of local authorities, who don't bother - hence all of the damaged-for-years Armco barriers, worn-away lane markings and empty cats-eyes around the country... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I particularly enjoy driving over those "decommissioned" cats eyes that get left on roads - you know, the metal frame with no innards. There are some on the roads around Lucan, and some near the M50. Great for disturbing the contents of the bowels as you drive or slide over them, or just giving you that "WTF ?!" feeling when you're trying to navigate the road in the rain on a dark night

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

franksm wrote:
    I particularly enjoy driving over those "decommissioned" cats eyes that get left on roads - you know, the metal frame with no innards. There are some on the roads around Lucan, and some near the M50. Great for disturbing the contents of the bowels as you drive or slide over them, or just giving you that "WTF ?!" feeling when you're trying to navigate the road in the rain on a dark night
    Now imagine you are negotiating a curve on a motorbike.......:eek:

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement