Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porting from Vodafone PAYG to 3 contract, problems

• 29-09-2007 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

I signed up to 3 contract 100 min plan on Thursday afternoon approx 3.30. I was porting over a 087 number on vodafone PAYG. All signed up in store and approved got new phone and I was advised port would be complete in 2 hours. Grand so, off I go.

Now yesterday, Friday I still has a signal on the vodafone phone. Strange thing is if i ring any one from the 3 phone it is showing up as the 087 number. If I ring the 087 number from another 3 phone the new 3 phone rings. If someone rings the 087 number from a non 3 phone/landline the vodafone phone still rings and the 3 phone is silent.

3 can't explain it as they think the port is complete but why would landline/non 3 mobile calls still be going to vodafone?

Any ideas on how to fix this as it is crazy?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That is an odd one. Try turning off the vodafone phone and ringing the number from a non 3 phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

All I get is "The Vodafone customer you are calling may be out of coverage or may have their unit powered off."

Very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

I had a vaguely similar problem to yourself when i ported from voda to try out three contract a few weeks ago.
    For the first week i couldn't receive calls from any voda numbers.
    Calls from landlines and other mobiles seemed to be ok though.

After about a dozen calls to CS they eventually sorted it after i told them i was sick of their bull$hit excuses (or words to that effect ;) ).
    They apparently got onto voda and resolved the port.
    It seems they do respond eventually but need a good kick up the ar$e to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I've seen this happen with a 3 port once before. There's nothing you can do about it. The port hasn't gone through properly so get onto 3 (if you can stand the headache). Why did you sign up to 3? Didn't you have a nightmare of a time with the broadband?

edit: probably better to ring vodafone about it. Both networks will have to be involved to fix it and at least vodafone won't tell you that taking the battery out your phone will fix it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If memory serves the porting process involves 7 steps. Sounds like your port has been stuck around three or four. Used to happen to me occasionally.

If possible going into a 3 shop would be your best option as I hear using 3's care line is not a fun experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I've seen this happen with a 3 port once before. There's nothing you can do about it. The port hasn't gone through properly so get onto 3 (if you can stand the headache). Why did you sign up to 3? Didn't you have a nightmare of a time with the broadband?

edit: probably better to ring vodafone about it. Both networks will have to be involved to fix it and at least vodafone won't tell you that taking the battery out your phone will fix it
    I actually think 3 are ok as a phone company just don't touch their BB.

All I can find out is that as far as vodafone are concerned the port is in progress and 3 haven't a clue as nothing comes up if they are given the 087 number.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This is 3's responsibility to solve. Thats a bad answer to have given you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You've got it all wrong Vimes. Taking the battery out fixes internet issues. Rubbing the battery fixs porting problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

I remember about a year into my three contract I had my phone off and rang it from a landline and got ''the vodafone customer can not be etc etc'' the 087 prefix must still count for something I presume

Advertisement