Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The legendary James Richardson...

• 29-09-2007 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭

for those that still miss the Saturday morning Gazette roundup check out his weekly podcast

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/09/28/football_weekly_extra_5.html

I'm just listening to it now, excellent stuff, and he's expanded from his Italian football roots to cover the Premiership, Spain and elsewhere...

What better way to start a weekend of footie than a bit of James Richardson, eh?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Love James Richardson. Back in the days of Gazetta on Channel 4 he was the thing to look forward to at 10am on Saturday morning. Along with Henry Winter he's one of few pundits/journos I actually listen to with interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

That man is my idol..he is the reason I love Italian football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

'Milan have more dutch caps than an Essex chemist' - James Richardson :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HQZnLqmqjM

With Elvis Costello - puntastic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm reviving this thread just to say it's a great podcast.
    I subscribed when the OP started this and it's an absolutly brilliant podcast

Essential listening for any football fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

There are but a few peeps who analyis/present football and actually know what they are talking about, he is one of them.Class act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I met him a couple of years ago in Rome with one of those gargantuan ice creams in a bar and I just went up for an autograph (I was 15 at the time and he had met all my footballing idols) and he was so sound. He asked me had I ever been to a football match in Italy and I told him I went to Roma5-1Lazio a couple of years back. He then talked to me for about five minutes during which his Ice cream melted and then posed for a picture. Class act

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Tell the truth , it was last week ;):p

Advertisement